Wood pile pics

Agent Orange

Stihl trying
Local time
6:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
IMG_20160301_182644364_HDR_zpsnkthqzsc.jpg

Got my stash bucked, it's splittin' time.

Stihlsmoking

City Hillbilly
Local time
7:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
7 cord split by hand. A hydraulic splitter is on the wish list, too old for this s***! :ambulance::shakehead:;)
View attachment 15802

I've never even thought about splitting by hand. I'd get all my wood and rent a splitter after 12 on sat so it wasn't due back till mon then split it all.
Last year I bought a Dirtyhands spliiter 27 ton sold enough wood to pay it off and have enough for us.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Stihlsmoking

City Hillbilly
Local time
7:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't know how it is for others but I live on a busy street. I get people stoping a lot to buy and or ask if I want wood ?
I just had a guy stop to ask if I want more wood ? He has three ash and one cherry down in his yard.
His nephew was supposed to get but never did so it was offered to me less than 2 miles and already cut up just back up and load it ? I'll cut to length if long or burn if short ?
I sell wheel barrow loads $15 to $20 depending on hard or soft wood ? We have a lot of repeat customers compared to 5.99 or 7.99 for junk at gas stations split like kindlin. They love it ? I may even start advertising

Mag Craft

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I don't know how it is for others but I live on a busy street. I get people stoping a lot to buy and or ask if I want wood ?
I just had a guy stop to ask if I want more wood ? He has three ash and one cherry down in his yard.
His nephew was supposed to get but never did so it was offered to me less than 2 miles and already cut up just back up and load it ? I'll cut to length if long or burn if short ?
I sell wheel barrow loads $15 to $20 depending on hard or soft wood ? We have a lot of repeat customers compared to 5.99 or 7.99 for junk at gas stations split like kindlin. They love it ? I may even start advertising

Sounds like a nice little side business you have going there. Word of mouth will get around and you probably will not have to advertise anything.

Free wood is nice but if you look at that picture I posted you will see there are no trees where I live and you have to travel about 6 miles down a dirt road and then it is a dead end that leads no where. So no traffic and not much for neighbors. I do have a tree service person in Cheyenne that I do work for on his saws that will call me to get free wood. That is about a 30 mile drive. But hey it beats 200 to 250 dollars a month for propane.