What's For Supper?

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
6:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Flint Mitch, Try more butter, salt, and a little pepper, grits are good with lots of butter and salt. You can also try the instant grits. They come in different flavors.
Although I've been served grits a number of times, I've only had them twice, that I liked. I had Shrimp & grits that were damn good and cheese grits, served with a beef tenderloin, that were outstanding.
Other than those two occasions, I've not cared for them.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
7:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Although I've been served grits a number of times, I've only had them twice, that I liked. I had Shrimp & grits that were damn good and cheese grits, served with a beef tenderloin, that were outstanding.

There is a certain art to grits. Having been raised in the south -- I have eaten grits quite a bit. That being said, I do go to restaurants in our area where I do not order grits. Simply because the grits there are not to my
liking. I never eat grits without butter and salt. But it could be an acquired taste. I like potatoes about any way they can be made -- but I honestly don't care for hash browns. I can eat them but I'm not going to order them at a breakfast restaurant. (just a few morning ramblings:hambre: )

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Deer and noodles with a pepsi.
545b4200fdb120e71ba322ce61af9641.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Grits, with homemade bacon and sausage, fried eggs, and toast. With massive amounts of butter, salt, and pepper, ( Hmm, damn good! ) Fried potatoes and pancakes. ( optional ) And strawberry preserves for the toast. Hmmm, again, good! Actually having it as I type!!

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Good country boy meal there Charlie.
I'd knock down a couple plates.

Thanks much Steve, If I live long enough, I will be doing much more good stuff. Just got through doing 10 lbs. of hot breakfast sausage with sage today, It does not last very long here.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Made some sliders, home made beans with kosher dogs, and some cabbage and hot smoked sausage in the black iron. The bean pic is blurry -- sorry guys.

Attachments

• Sliders.jpg
    Sliders.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Cabbage.jpg
    Cabbage.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 9
  • beans n weiners.jpg
    beans n weiners.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 8