USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
1:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Didn't feel like getting in the cookpot last night...hit Captain D's with coupon in hand, got the 10-piece fish dinner with hushpuppies, slaw, and green beans. Washed down with a couple glasses of milk. Ate half of it, brought the other half for lunch today.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Didn't feel like getting in the cookpot last night...hit Captain D's with coupon in hand, got the 10-piece fish dinner with hushpuppies, slaw, and green beans. Washed down with a couple glasses of milk. Ate half of it, brought the other half for lunch today.
Gonna hit Commerce GA by supper time, is there anything irresistable in this are as far as eats -- for supper?

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just seeing this bro...Commerce has plenty of grocery places to dine.

We got in there about the time you posted :D. Traffic was horrible. We stopped at Cracker Barrel (one of the wife's favorites). I was searching for a Georgia BBQ joint -- it was just too late. I think we stopped up a "Lavonia" (may be totally mistaken). I've been craving BBQ, so its time to fire up the cooker next week I guess. How far are you from Commerce or Jefferson?

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmmm, hmmm, Good!! Sausage gravy, And bacon!! With grits! Damn good.:)

Bacon! YES, everything is better with bacon. Stopped today on the way in at a place called "Copper River" off hwy 85 in a place called Boiling Springs SC.
The salad was enough to make you cut a jig. It had some smoked bacon chips on top that were off the hook delicious. Not to mention everything else was deliciously fresh. I ordered the 14oz ribeye medium with a loaded baked potato. When the salad came out it had a croissant on the side -- fresh baked, drizzled with something like honey. Needless to say when I finished I was well satisfied, till the lady suggested a piece of NY style cheesecake. My wife and I shared that -- it was so good if you laid a bite on your forehead -- your tongue would have slapped your brains out!
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

:loveyou: Happy wife, happy life!

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Bacon! YES, everything is better with bacon. Stopped today on the way in at a place called "Copper River" off hwy 85 in a place called Boiling Springs SC.
The salad was enough to make you cut a jig. It had some smoked bacon chips on top that were off the hook delicious. Not to mention everything else was deliciously fresh. I ordered the 14oz ribeye medium with a loaded baked potato. When the salad came out it had a croissant on the side -- fresh baked, drizzled with something like honey. Needless to say when I finished I was well satisfied, till the lady suggested a piece of NY style cheesecake. My wife and I shared that -- it was so good if you laid a bite on your forehead -- your tongue would have slapped your brains out!
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

:loveyou: Happy wife, happy life!

You make me hungry! :D

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
We got in there about the time you posted :D. Traffic was horrible. We stopped at Cracker Barrel (one of the wife's favorites). I was searching for a Georgia BBQ joint -- it was just too late. I think we stopped up a "Lavonia" (may be totally mistaken). I've been craving BBQ, so its time to fire up the cooker next week I guess. How far are you from Commerce or Jefferson?

love Cracker Barrel, they have the best fried Okra!!

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
12:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tonight was two big BLT's with plenty of Dukes and three ears of sweet corn.
There's nothing like a BLT with fresh Tomatos.
A big sliced tomato between two pieces of bread slathered with Dukes ain't bad either.

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went mining in one of the freezers.
Brocolli & Cheese stuffed Chicken breasts and Lima beans.
It was horrible.
The chicken was dry and the Limas were tasteless.
My wife fed her Chicken to the dog, who didn't like it either.
I'm not sure how long this stuff had been in the freezer but it was apparently too long.
image.jpeg

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Went mining in one of the freezers.
Brocolli & Cheese stuffed Chicken breasts and Lima beans.
It was horrible.
The chicken was dry and the Limas were tasteless.
My wife fed her Chicken to the dog, who didn't like it either.
I'm not sure how long this stuff had been in the freezer but it was apparently too long.
View attachment 85700

Don't know about the chicken, but the butter beans look damn good!! ( more butter )

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Tonight was two big BLT's with plenty of Dukes and three ears of sweet corn.
There's nothing like a BLT with fresh Tomatos.
A big sliced tomato between two pieces of bread slathered with Dukes ain't bad either.

Home made bacon, sliced tomatoes, bread, and ( Dukes! ) Hmmm, Had two of them today for dinner. AKA lunch to some.

Last edited:

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Tonight is green beans with bacon grease, fresh beets, and chicken and dumpling soup.

Attachments

• 101_2196.JPG
    101_2196.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 101_2195.JPG
    101_2195.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 101_2197.JPG
    101_2197.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 8

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Take notice that supper was just heating up when the pic. was taken, Bacon grease is not yet melted! Nor the butter in the beets. ( I was a waiting ) Hmmm!

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
CRibs_C.jpg

Chipotle country style ribs. The wife likes them blackened a bit -- but they were fine and dandy. Prep with a concoction (also know as a RUB), sear, turn heat down and baste when the time is right.
Had these with California blend, mac-n-cheese, and some sweet tea. Yep it was good.

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 85913

Chipotle country style ribs. The wife likes them blackened a bit -- but they were fine and dandy. Prep with a concoction (also know as a RUB), sear, turn heat down and baste when the time is right.
Had these with California blend, mac-n-cheese, and some sweet tea. Yep it was good.
Those look damn tasty.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those look damn tasty.

The wifey likes them blackened a bit. Happy wife, happy life.
They were very tasty. If you want them fork tender you can put them in the oven cover them with sauce, cover the top of the pan with foil @ 350 degrees for one hour. If you have time while you are getting other things ready just let them sit in the oven while other things are getting ready (oven off). Usually they will not disappoint. Very good with mashed taters!