What oil is best? and what ratio?

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I run Mink Oil on my boots. I like the smell and doesn't leave spooge on my laces.

I did too until I bought obenaufs.

You don't take your laces out when you put it on your boots ?

I actually put some obenaufs on a rag and drug my laces through it to get a good coat on them, they don't fray as easy.

Last edited:

Ron660

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Think I’ll give Obenaufs a try. Obenaufs on the left boot and mink oil on the right. I like testing products. I have two pair of steel toe boots and one pair of hunting boots that needs cleaning. I’ll test both oil products on all three pair. I’ll update with my results.

Last edited:

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yea, like, I mean, we always stay on topic … RIGHT!!!

Looking forward to the results of the boot testing, although now adays I mostly rely on gore tex or equivalent.

Orangeinthebarn

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Local loggers have switched to red armor echo oil 40:1. They were running mostly 461 and switched to 572xp about a year ago. Out of 9 new 572's 2 of them shattered crank bearings not long into operation. Dealer fixed the 2 saws. They started using red armor and really like it. He told me not to use xp oil. Also told me the 572 are lasting about a year under heavy use. Said stihl would last twice as long but he likes that the 572 doesnt beat him up as bad.

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The difference for a pwc motor vs a outboard is the variation in rpm. Steady rpm low or midish will sometimes cause ash bridged plug gaps. On a pwc they are never at nteady speeds and usuaally at much higher loads, piston speeds and rpms. Dont know too many 9000+ rpm outboards.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
K tech is ok, I’ve ran 10 or 15 gallons gas worth of it. Not much but enough to get an idea of how good it is.