Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
First thing that comes to mind is American-made hickory handles. This brings to mind the last Vaughan Hammer I bought that said made in America with American steel and American hickory. Vaughan is definitely an American company in Bushnell, Illinois. Now they do sell a few dead blow and mallet hammers made in England (Thor rebranded) and I think they have a Japanese pull Saw they sell. But what I'm referring to is the made in USA hammers.
Funny you mention them. :) I graduated from Western Illinois University in Macomb IL. My wife and I lived there during the week and came back to farm weekends. I did my student teaching at "BPC".......Bushnell-Prairie City High School in Bushnell. It was about 17 miles northeast. When I finished my wife had a year to go on her M.S. in Animal Physiology so I took a teaching job at Avon High School in Avon IL which was about 27 miles northeast of Macomb. We rented a house at 279 W. Harris St. Bushnell IL. Our landlord was a crusty ole electrician named Al Bliven who lived next door. The house had no heat upstairs. It was -27F that winter..................good times

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a fair question.
I will assure you that all the steel mills in this region are scrap mills. I believe up in northern Indiana near the lake there are some iron ore mills but even then I believe they blend scrap. Also I am betting the ore is coming from further north.

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would love to find someone who can post a product that they believe is 100% American made. I mean designed, engineered, manufactured, assembled, and marketed in the USA with all materials that were 100% American designed, engineered, manufactured, assembled, and marketed in the USA.
that product doesn't exist

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i dont know if we still make steel in this country or not. i know that we ship iron to china iron and the send steel back in big coils that we then melt back down to make plate stock because i work at the railroad and we pick up and deliver both the coils and the plate they turn it into. there may still be precision cast jet turbine parts that are 100% from here. but most things have had one or more components shipped out and back.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i dont know if we still make steel in this country or not. i know that we ship iron to china iron and the send steel back in big coils that we then melt back down to make plate stock because i work at the railroad and we pick up and deliver both the coils and the plate they turn it into. there may still be precision cast jet turbine parts that are 100% from here. but most things have had one or more components shipped out and back.
All mills here are scrap mills melting chinese junk. I know a guy up north that used to work in a mill and I wanted to ask him if they used any US ore but he was headed to bed when I contacted him.

Last edited:

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would love to find someone who can post a product that they believe is 100% American made. I mean designed, engineered, manufactured, assembled, and marketed in the USA with all materials that were 100% American designed, engineered, manufactured, assembled, and marketed in the USA.
This really got me thinking. When I was in the Air Force I heard about the Berry Amendment.

The Berry Amendment is a law that requires the Department of Defense (DoD) to purchase certain items that are 100% made in the United States. This includes hand or measuring tools, clothing, food, footwear, stainless steel flatware, and dinnerware. The amendment was passed by Congress in 1941 to protect the US textile clothing production industry during wartime, and became permanent in 1994.

So if you find something marked Berry compliant it must be 100% made in the USA and the components shall also be grown/made in the USA.

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know y'all are talking about metals coming from China or wherever but here is an example of Berry compliant running shoes issued to troops in Basic training/Boot camp. It's about as American made as you can get.
new-balance-military-950v2-2.jpeg.jpeg
newbalanceinfographic_1024xx1067-603-0-166.jpg

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Duckworth
Wilwood

I can go on …….

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Alliance flags. Redland cotton. My azz.

Lions fan

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree but there is at least one member here that seems to think it does.
I showed you one example, but you have ignored it and failed to prove where I am wrong. As usual, just like when you were on AS, you don't want to prove anything, you simply want to find a reason to argue with folks. Take care Bill, and best of luck with your Husqvarna debacle.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I showed you one example, but you have ignored it and failed to prove where I am wrong. As usual, just like when you were on AS, you don't want to prove anything, you simply want to find a reason to argue with folks. Take care Bill, and best of luck with your Husqvarna debacle.
All you showed was a label. Labels are meaningless. Try researching the company.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bingo

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you are one that thinks a "Made in America" label means in was truly made in America then you are sadly mistaken.
Not sure where you came up with that. Never once did i even say any such thing