Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am running Makita red colored 50:1 2-stroke oil at 40:1, I think it's semi synthetic.
I got a whole case of the stuff, I got it for a good price.

I haven't yet made my annual piston check, I do hope my saws are OK - I have been running them hard lately.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
11:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I guess I ain’t made it into the cool kids club yet
Here's the deal. I tested 22 oils, 16 in the PM. I was running out of space in my drop box account to house all the pics and vids of each oil so I moved them to a flash drive and deleted them which in turn renders all the dropbox links in said PM dead. So..... nothing to see except when I actually posted the pics to the thread which was early on and not alot. And FYI, you would be cooler if you stayed outa oil threads. Lol.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast, 288 collector
GoldMember
Local time
8:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All good no worries just funnin'. not too worried about how much or what brand of erl either. Well, I like more than less and as long as it meets specs.

I have a friend (google rock dawg sidewinder) who's run amsoil 100:1 or 80:1? for hundreds of hours in ultralight planes without issue...still makes me nervous.

So...red egg is bullshooter?

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
11:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
cliff notes on testing? I saw some scattered testing vids on 'toob.
My vids are deleted off the tube after they locked me out for community guideline violations that were not true. My account wasn't even public. It was only viewable if you had the link. I appealed, won my case in under 24 hours, then deleted everything and started using Dropbox as my host.