Country flag

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
9:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Polymerized. That's the term. It looks like the oil polymerized. Piston looks like it has melted and smeared plastic on it.
Thing is this oils performance of leaving a depoist or reacting a certain way cant be guaranteed by the manufacture so well outside of its designed boundries. It performed flawlessly as far as protection goes well within its recommended ratios. Seems to be an ultimate oil for protection? Its very interesting to see what happens though when its pushed far outside its designed usage. Thank u for the hard work Egg Shooter!

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have we all been wasting our money on the "good" stuff when Walmart oil might really perform well enough to protect our beloved equipment ?

Very well could be.

The only oil I would put up there with 800 when it comes to film strength would be Klotz R50, but it will not burn as clean as 800 when it starts to cook.

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree Keith. This is outstanding oil and it might just be the benchmark for all the oils I'm testing. I'm willing to go out on a limb and say 100:1 would be safe in trimmers and blowers ect. in normal usage. 60:1 in saws in most conditions. Don't anyone take this as advice to do so. Just my feeling on this. Oil, as we all know has a limit and things we aren't used to seeing will appear as we go beyond its design paramaters. I'm confident no bike or OPE oil was designed to protect to the extreme this test places on them. It sure is cool to see the aftermath though.

Eventually I could see me doing a cheap oil off. That would be interesting. Have we all been wasting our money on the "good" stuff when Walmart oil might really perform well enough to protect our beloved equipment ?Guess we might find out.
It will be interesting to see top rated OPE oil compared to top rated MX oil

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats the plan. I feel they should be judged against their own kind. OPE oil vs OPE oil and bike vs bike. How the top performing OPE stacks up against the top bike oil will still be very interesting. People can make their decision from there or stay with what they always run. Makes no difference to me. I'm not selling anything.

On the possibility of a cheap oil testing series, that will be stuff like Poulan, Walmart, ect. The type of oil many average home owners use.
The synthetic poulan and dolmar synthetic is the same I believe. Ive used a good bit of the Dolmar and like it. I like Maxima K2 the best of all Ive tried

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No idea. It was donated. I would have ended up getting some from the Home Depot eventually but this showed up in the mail. I remember reading the formula changed in this forum way back but I didn't pay attention to how the bottle has changed to indicate which version it is.
If you need any other oils later on just ask, I have quite a collection and likely have it on hand, I need to thin the herd anyway.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is the spark plug fouling ?

I don't think so. It actually quit from one rpm dip.....

There’s metal flying around in the cylinder, powdery, and so fine it’s practically airborne. The piston top and/or carbon could be interfering with spark, at certain conditions.......
It begins with it, the death miss ???
Your previous oil did it at 200:1, no ?

Just how my dumb mind could see it.........

Pullstart

Active OPE Member
Local time
4:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
just for update sake. Who is winning this oil royal? Not about to look through 800 pages.