V-stack filters

Daserlon

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I tried to run the 2 stage Uni on my 2100 but it just *s-words the outer filter right off after one cut. Kinda weird

I'm probly gunna get a K&N for it.
It did the same thing on my 288. I noticed the bolt holding the carb intake down was missing. Replaced the bolt and no more problem. Too much vibration without that bolt is my guess.

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For you guys running the K&N, when I raced in the desert I used to wrap an oil soaked 'Chux' kitchen cloth around the filter. I just used a couple of rubber bands to hold it in place. When I pitted I could just pull it off and have a clean filter for the rest of the race.

Cutting wood isn't as dusty as desert racing, but if you want to try a cheap pre-filter it may work, especially for something like milling.

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Oh66

Used this one and the outerwear cover linked at the bottom of the page:
http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=R-1100

I have put several tanks of fuel through the saw and its still spotless under the outerwear cover.
I believe you could run one of these filters 7 days a week and clean it once every month.
For me as a firewood hack it will be removed and cleaned once a year

View attachment 35778

View attachment 35779

Bought a chinese cover to chop up and made a bracket that bolts on between the V Stack and carb to allow me to bolt the cover on from the top.
Works perfect!
View attachment 35780

Skip Chain ?

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
7:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For you guys running the K&N, when I raced in the desert I used to wrap an oil soaked 'Chux' kitchen cloth around the filter. I just used a couple of rubber bands to hold it in place. When I pitted I could just pull it off and have a clean filter for the rest of the race.

Cutting wood isn't as dusty as desert racing, but if you want to try a cheap pre-filter it may work, especially for something like milling.
I wouldn't mind using a pre filter if it was a fitted one. I bet outerwears makes one that would be close

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
9:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cheese cloth possibly could work too, but like you say outerwear would be better
If you look on the k@n filter website where they have the adaptable filters, each filter will have a link to the fitted outerware that fits it down the bottom of the page if it has one.
They don't all have one available

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
4:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But my wife dont use pantyhose, So I will have to go but them

bugger that
It looks like I'm going to have to use the pantyhose trick cause there is no prefilters for my K&N's.

CR500

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Let me know how those K&Ns work.

I can possibly see the 064 receiving a filter upgrade lol

Sent from my non internal combustion device.