Trees you've cut

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Took down a few trees while I was fencing in my back yard, this one and two that was close to my house had bad spots in them, I figured sooner or later a storm would bring them down. I tried using the bottle jack method for the first time on a big pine that was leaning toward the house and it worked great.

thumbnail_KIMG1957.jpg thumbnail_KIMG1958.jpg

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Took down a few trees while I was fencing in my back yard, this one and two that was close to my house had bad spots in them, I figured sooner or later a storm would bring them down. I tried using the bottle jack method for the first time on a big pine that was leaning toward the house and it worked great.

View attachment 295917 View attachment 295918

Where’s the jack seat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

logger nate

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
dcbfd756fa1d7115f7c2b66faedbc4a9.jpg

735e2c4b71249dd0ea7d29925aa6e6eb.jpg

cceec6a062f4c73f3a9815a2aa40cc83.jpg

59b16d20477d9328981aee9aac7e5898.jpg

A little bit of fun before lunch.

Nice!

Local time
7:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What’s it matter what I run it’s my preference and what works for me for what I do. When it comes to pushing and pulling timber it’s something that is an art to not bust equipment or worse get someone killed it might good to listen to a few guys about. Being cocky is your remarks to myself and @Coltont.

Trust me its a waste of time to give the kid advice. Just another *pretty boy that cuts pecker poles and rotted out bigger trees that the previous harvests left behind. Boring to set the hinge and patting himself on the back when he intentionally flops one across a road is what its all about.. Never mind the clean up of the road, be it a skid trail or a driveway could have been avoided had the *pretty boy that fancies himself a timber faller known how to swing a tree off the lean

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I am a bit jealous of all the large hardwoods you guys have access to. We have maybe five red maple trees we can see from our house and I wouldn't dream of cutting any of them. Even less maple out in the woods, it's all spruce and fir here, but just across the street or another lot nearby might have a ton of birch and maple and very few conifers.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am a bit jealous of all the large hardwoods you guys have access to. We have maybe five red maple trees we can see from our house and I wouldn't dream of cutting any of them. Even less maple out in the woods, it's all spruce and fir here, but just across the street or another lot nearby might have a ton of birch and maple and very few conifers.
Cut a few more sugar maples here yesterday. 055BE40F-7D40-447C-A952-CF4138584AC0.jpeg

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Cut a few more sugar maples here yesterday. View attachment 296182
That's a nice saw log! I found a few 6" maples that had fallen down around the house, but were still attached to the roots and somewhat alive. Made nice firewood, but I really want some nice maple logs for the mill. Will probably have to buy them. At least those scraggly near dead maples produced shoots from the stumps, so maybe we will have some nice maples to look at in the future.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
7:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Trust me its a waste of time to give the kid advice. Just another *pretty boy that cuts pecker poles and rotted out bigger trees that the previous harvests left behind. Boring to set the hinge and patting himself on the back when he intentionally flops one across a road is what its all about.. Never mind the clean up of the road, be it a skid trail or a driveway could have been avoided had the *pretty boy that fancies himself a timber faller known how to swing a tree off the lean

How about we let it go, and move on?

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm not sure what is happening Mike. But the site is very unreliable for a lot of people.

@Gentleman @exCanuck
I don't know if it helps, but sometimes it freezes for me or will not be responsive for a few minutes. Posts take a long time to go through, etc. Not savvy on forum software, but I do recall this happening on some other forums many years ago.