Maxchaos

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello everyone!
I've picked up a used 576XP for what seemed low price.
However I found out that It has an aftermarket cylinder and the clutch side bearing rotate in the pocket.

While I was opening It,the little tab that set the bearing depth on the clutch side broke off,I've found It very worn by the bearing rotating against It,maybe that's why It was so brittle and It cracked easily while opening It (required 3-4 medium tap with copper hammer).

I understand that this only held the bearing for being settled too much inside the pocket,since It already rotates inside,can I use some green bearing locker to set It in Place? Will It work?
Picture of the damage 🙁

Attachments

• IMG_9245.jpeg
    IMG_9245.jpeg
    223.5 KB · Views: 37

Maxchaos

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very hard to find here,I think I Will trash It and call It a day or waste some money on trying to somewhat make It work with a trash top end just for fin.

hacskaroly

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I Will trash It and call It a day or waste some money on trying to somewhat make It work with a trash top end just for fin.
I look at it this way, since it is already broken, can't hurt to mess with it and see if you can come up with a fix, especially if you are careful with how much money you throw at it.

Maxchaos

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I look at it this way, since it is already broken, can't hurt to mess with it and see if you can come up with a fix, especially if you are careful with how much money you throw at it.
Yes,I was thinking of start with the 2 bearings and gasket,if I can lock the bearing and close the crankcase,an aftermarket top end will suffice until It grenade again 😄
Spending just the essential to make It work,maybe 150$ total