STIHL The Official Stihl Chainsaws Thread

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
2:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Easy start or regular 250? Thought the timing was different on the easy start saws but if it’s a matching flywheel and coil I’d think it would work. I’ll check the flywheel numbers in my book this evening if nobody else has an answer first.

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Happens to be an Easy Start but swapped in a conventional 021 ignition with the same results. It really shouldn't matter if the flywheel and coil match..., and the keyway is cut in the right place. Been through all the IPL's and flywheel / coil / crank combinations and that's what seems to be the most likely issue. Just wish I had a 250 ignition to swap in. 'Course the possibility exists that the keyway is simply cut out of time for any 1123 application. Wouldn't surprise me at all considering the shaky quality control of some of the FarmerTec stuff. Nice little kit, otherwise.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thought the number for the coil was the same for the 021,023 and 025. Other than the 2 mount styles for the two different cases. And not sure but coil number on an easy start was differs maybe because of slower crank speed with spring assist. This is just a thought

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Multiple coils. Multiple flywheels. Coupla cranks. There are differences between the "0" and MS series and the MS210 alone in certain instances. 0000-400-1306 is the universal 1123 coil used with the 1123-400-1203 f/w and 1123-030-0408 crank..., except for the MS210. There are several other combinations, some inclusive of the MS210.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good to know I guess, I have an ms 210 easy start at the house but I need the other coil because all the ones I have won’t fit. I’m pretty confident the saw only has a few tanks through it. Back handle was smashed and the saw looked new besides handle. I think cost to buy handle plus repair was enough for the guy to just buy a new saw. So became parts saw and someone needed a coil.

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
029:
15a601d5d090051263fc2203605f758a.jpg

No chain brake. No sign it ever has one.

WTF!

Oops! Yes it did.
040cba2c519daf66ec95d39ab0f8914f.jpg

I’m not going back with one. Not up to chasing down parts. [emoji57]

Last edited:

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now let me tell, more often something happens to the brake and they just take it off never to be seen again .It took me about 10-12 years to find one for an 042 Stihl .Fred ,AKA "Stihl boy " showed up at a GTG with a pick up full of parts including the bones of an 042 .I took a picture of the assembly before I removed it from the donor .I've traveled that road trying to figure them out from a pile of parts .It often takes a few tries and some foul language .

Treematt

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
066 red light tank vent?
What type of vent should I use?
When I got the saw it just had a piece of fuel line which leaked like crazy. I added the vent hose with the two grub screws which leaked still, so I added the orange umbrella type which seemed to stop the leaking. Is it ok to keep the grub screws and the other umbrella type or should I only keep one? I don’t want it to run lean by limiting its ability to breath too much.
Thanks Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
066 red light tank vent?
What type of vent should I use?
When I got the saw it just had a piece of fuel line which leaked like crazy. I added the vent hose with the two grub screws which leaked still, so I added the orange umbrella type which seemed to stop the leaking. Is it ok to keep the grub screws and the other umbrella type or should I only keep one? I don’t want it to run lean by limiting its ability to breath too much.
Thanks Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your tank has the larger vent port to accept the larger style vents pictured, any should work. The acorn style (#2 and #3) is the later vent approach and should be readily available if you give up on the other ones. #3 is a grommet for the tank opening and #2 is the vent with a right angle post that simply fits into the grommet. Not sure how you'd use both the grub screw style and the umbrella at the same time but if they vent well and don't leak, may as well stick with that combination.

Untitled.jpg

av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Me too. I deleted my most recent post over there just now and said ado. Oisin if I could upgrade your status to Super Duper OPE Member I would.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Regarding the afore mentioned site .I don't think a mindset of being the absolute only arborists type site with complete authority over others worked out so good for a certain roofing supply salesman in a suburb of Denver Colorado worked out the way he thought it would .I find it amusing myself .---chit happens :applaudit: