Big_6

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What parts do you have?

I used to live in New Jersey near Princeton. This would be a great excuse to visit but a really long way to drag the splitter back.
"Used to live in Jersey," might not be a bad thing!
NY City slickers coming over the river at an alarming rate.
ed2d7d45a73187ee846bb1611dbbf76c.jpg

tomtrees58

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What parts do you have?

back of hydro cylinder return cable spring shoes return pulley

I used to live in New Jersey near Princeton. This would be a great excuse to visit but a really long way to drag the splitter back.

Bob95065

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I left nearly 20 years ago due to a plant closure. They moved us to California near San Jose. I have been back many times and miss the east coast.

leadfarmer

Hot Rod !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Minor league video of my SS clone. I have the RPM down to save on noise. Pretty sure this is elm? Kind of stringy and had a tough knot. Higher rpm would have blown the knot apart in one hit. I just can't take the racket ; ) This thing uses about 4 oz. fuel per hour, if that...
tell me about this splitter Duane

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just piddling and killing time today fellas...re-splitting some big splits that one of my brothers dropped off here last year. His big ol' hurking fireplace can handle them, I need mine a tad smaller. Red oak, hickory and some Dogwood.
IMG_2126.JPG
IMG_2127.JPG

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
tell me about this splitter Duane
It's an amish made clone of the super split. They are made by flack hill machine somewhere in Ohio. There are some subtle differences, most optional stuff on the SS is std. equipment on the clone.

I would have bought either one, as they are essentially the same. Shipping from SS was going to kick my a$$, and I bought this one from a dealer (an hours drive away) and picked it up on a trailer. Pretty long way to tow any splitter, and I didn't want to wreck it...

Chuck has the electric SS and I would love to convert mine... Amish don't offer that! I hate noise of small engines, mowers and splitters in particular, but I love the sound of a hot two stroke. My problem is that I pretty much despise everything about the whole firewood gig I have going on EXCEPT the bucking with a ported saw and square ground chain. The work starts when the bucking ends! lol

Last edited:

leadfarmer

Hot Rod !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's an amish made clone of the super split. They are made by flack hill machine somewhere in Ohio. There are some subtle differences, most optional stuff on the SS is std. equipment on the clone.

I would have bought either one, as they are essentially the same. Shipping from SS was going to kick my a$$, and I bought this one from a dealer (an hours drive away) and picked it up on a trailer. Pretty long way to tow any splitter, and I didn't want to wreck it...

Chuck has the electric SS and I would love to convert mine... Amish don't offer that! I hate noise of small engines, mowers and splitters in particular, but I love the sound of a hot two stroke. My problem is that I pretty much despise everything about the whole firewood gig I have going on EXCEPT the bucking with a ported saw and square ground chain. The work starts when the bucking ends! lol
I know exactly what you're saying. Which is why I'm looking for an kinetic splitter I just don't like the $2,900 price tag

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know exactly what you're saying. Which is why I'm looking for an kinetic splitter I just don't like the $2,900 price tag
I ended up paying sales tax, but the price was still lower than SS with freight. I work alone, on the side, so speed is important to me. I usually split right on to the trailer and rank it in as I go. (Like the vid) Then hustle home late for supper, again!

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
...and I got my little firewood rack under the carport reloaded. Kindling splits on the left end, splits on the right hand side. Beats the hell outta going in the back yard under my shed roof to get splits out of the rows, back inside and burning.
IMG_2128.JPG

Last edited:

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So today a guy calls and asks how much two cords of wood is picked up? (I don't/won't deliver). I told him $140 per cord. He acted like that was just a ridiculous price. I asked him what he was expecting and he said $175 for two cords. Told him he had called the wrong place. I'll push it in a pile and burn it before I sell it that cheap. Too much work and time invested. (this is for split and seasoned hardwood)

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So today a guy calls and asks how much two cords of wood is picked up? (I don't/won't deliver). I told him $140 per cord. He acted like that was just a ridiculous price. I asked him what he was expecting and he said $175 for two cords. Told him he had called the wrong place. I'll push it in a pile and burn it before I sell it that cheap. Too much work and time invested. (this is for split and seasoned hardwood)
$175 for two cords...lmao. I'd a told him to get *f-worded just like you did. Folks wantin' something for absolutely nothin'. I'd burn it in a pile as well before I ever sold two cords of good hardwood for that piddling ass money.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
10:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
$175 for two cords sounds about right, if he wants to cut it, split it and haul it.
I'd supply the logs and a place to process it, for $87.50 a cord.

wildroamer

Winning!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_20170114_092148131.jpg

The DHT 22-ton showed up a couple days ago. Assembled it in short order. Hemmed and hawed over AW46 or AW32 hydraulic oil. Went with the 46w. Although I have splitting to do this frigid winter, mostly I'll be using it Summer and Fall. I ordered a Kat's 300w magnetic block heater to slap under the hydraulic reservoir. We'll see of that cuts it.

IMG_20170114_092201623_HDR.jpg

I also bought the 4-way wedge for it. It's pretty slick, came with a 2-way also, for quick changes.

IMG_20170114_092250275_HDR.jpg

Here's a pic of the original wedge on the right, and the quick-release on the left.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 49715

The DHT 22-ton showed up a couple days ago. Assembled it in short order. Hemmed and hawed over AW46 or AW32 hydraulic oil. Went with the 46w. Although I have splitting to do this frigid winter, mostly I'll be using it Summer and Fall. I ordered a Kat's 300w magnetic block heater to slap under the hydraulic reservoir. We'll see of that cuts it.

View attachment 49716

I also bought the 4-way wedge for it. It's pretty slick, came with a 2-way also, for quick changes.

View attachment 49717

Here's a pic of the original wedge on the right, and the quick-release on the left.
Nice...!!