hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
11:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s a good one actually.
That’s why I decided to stuff a Solo crank in the old Dolmar.
I consider it a win.

So this isn’t the current crank?

Good Deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Jon1212 Pro

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was Ever-So-Slightly: nothing that would be noticed without testing for it.

The crank was from 1 saw & flywheel from another.

Tapered Cranks & flywheels are getting lapped from now on.

I would have guessed your right arm to be exceptionally efficient and strong at that jerking motion required to start a high compression engine.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would have guessed your right arm to be exceptionally efficient and strong at that jerking motion required to start a high compression engine.

I am proficient: I’m certain your copper soldering & pvc gluing skills are next level also.

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
10:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
9BBB9524-5E1A-49B2-B149-F6265AE34941.jpeg Ms310 seal replacemet. Reinstalling the flywheel. Nut not even under pressure when the end of shaft, with nut, twisted off. Havent figured out why yet. Coulda been ham fisted former mechanic i guess but imagine how tight it would have to have been to put crack in crank. Coulda been mfrg defect too; seems more likely. Used crank for the win

nohoff

professional flusher
Local time
5:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 158063 Ms310 seal replacemet. Reinstalling the flywheel. Nut not even under pressure when the end of shaft, with nut, twisted off. Havent figured out why yet. Coulda been ham fisted former mechanic i guess but imagine how tight it would have to have been to put crack in crank. Coulda been mfrg defect too; seems more likely. Used crank for the win

I know a folk wo drilled a thread into the crank and used a screw with a washer to tighten the Flywheel.

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thought about doing that but cost for replacement crank made me decide to replace it. Thanks for input
Exactly. Do it right the first time. Thrifty is not always the best "fork in the road" to take. A Good used crankshaft shouldn't break the bank. If you can't find one, I'm sure I've got one somewhere