karrl

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 380182
Hydraulic driven and really haven't had to do much to it. Teeth of course and an occasional hose. Not a cheap option but once I pull the pins I can go between fields without getting out of the seat. Ran an 8 wheel H&S bi-fold before this and this is a world of difference.
Do you have to grease the ends of those bars or are they sealed? Our neighbor has one of those and does a lot more hay than us so I’m sure it’s capable.
I’d be happy to have one. Growing up I ran a Vermeer 504G…really liked that machine, but I like the Hesston balers too.
It’s been good to us over 10 years now, probably more. Maybe put 2k bales through ours, with the usual belts, bearings, and other wear items getting replaced.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
2:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you have to grease the ends of those bars or are they sealed? Our neighbor has one of those and does a lot more hay than us so I’m sure it’s capable.

It’s been good to us over 10 years now, probably more. Maybe put 2k bales through ours, with the usual belts, bearings, and other wear items getting replaced.
If I remember correctly they have a zerk fitting on the pivot bearing. I will be getting it out Sunday to get it ready so I will take a look again.

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My dad "I wanted to make hay from that grass!", me "Yeah, right! YOU will make hay, didn't make any last year either and this year You are down to 3 rabbits."

I knoked it down, it can rot for all I care!
But I am not promoting snake habitats so close to our house.

The mower is his, it tends to run iffy but it behaved and didn't miss a beat today.
It is a behemoth to handle despite being selfpropelled.
It is a heavy beast, whenever the engine acts up it has to be "towed" back home.

View attachment 379751
I have a BCS two wheeled tractor. I know they can be a pain to handle sometimes. What brand is that?

Deputyrpa

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes they are. I have two squirrel dogs and hunt those suckers all winter.
I have a GSP and a rescue terrier mix who relentlessly exterminate then around the house. Most of then wind up in an inedible condition. However, I do hunt them solo in the woods with the .25cal PCP pellet gun. Squirrel 'n gravy! My wife won't eat any though.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a GSP and a rescue terrier mix who relentlessly exterminate then around the house. Most of then wind up in an inedible condition. However, I do hunt them solo in the woods with the .25cal PCP pellet gun. Squirrel 'n gravy! My wife won't eat any though.
I wish I had your problem, my wife loves them. Squirrel and dumplings is good too.

Deputyrpa

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good on you for not buzzing it’s legs off BUT that video just sent my dogs into spasms & chaotic fits. I got a look that implied that I may get bitten if I tried such an action.
With the discbine they exit in a poof of goey fur. It's not pretty. Your dogs watch videos? Here's one for them

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So my friend called & wanted me to spray some trees & brush in his pastures. I get there & he doesn’t have enough dope for more than 1 tank & he tells that he thinks he has some at the other farm. So I start digging around & this is what I found. I just cracked up.

1A4F7DC7-C613-4E34-9FCA-C8B224667D3A.jpeg

I told him I hadn’t seen a jug of Lasso in 40 years & it’s probably been 25-30 years since I have seen a jug of Banvel. Needless to say he needs to buy some more Pasture Guard & Grazon.

I am trying to get the Banvel ( dicamba) from him since it works well with Grazon for Eastern Red Cedars.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
With the discbine they exit in a poof of goey fur. It's not pretty. Your dogs watch videos? Here's one for them

The disc mowers usually buzz a leg or 4 off but those mo-co’s do make a mess after they go thru flails or rollers.

Yes, occasionally I show my dogs some videos.
They are glued to the windows in the pickup anytime they see something on the road or in the ditch & I can’t get the door on the tractors open fast enough for them when they spy something in the field.

Deputyrpa

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The disc mowers usually buzz a leg or 4 off but those mo-co’s do make a mess after they go thru flails or rollers.

Yes, occasionally I show my dogs some videos.
They are glued to the windows in the pickup anytime they see something on the road or in the ditch & I can’t get the door on the tractors open fast enough for them when they spy something in the field.
I saved Mauser from a coyote when I was discing when he was a little pup. It chased him across the furrowed field and was closing in on him as Mauser ran towards the tractor. I jumped out and ran to him screaming and yelling at the yote. The coyote was focused on him, and I wound up kicking it as Mauser ran past me. I scooped Mauser up and got in the cab and took a deep WTF breath. The coyote just stood there, so the slow speed chase ensued. It came back when I finished up at dark and growled at me as I put Mauser in the truck. I wound up popping him in the same field minutes later after I dropped Mauser off at the house. That coyote was a 55# male! Now Mauser jumps in the cab any time the door is open! He HAS to be with me in it.