The Official Farming Thread...

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
5:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I cut a few acres Saturday. Gonna bale it tomorrow. I ain't gonna cut the second cutting till the end of August.
Looked at some of mine today. If I was gonna square bale I’d go. It would make pretty hay. Not sure what I want to do. It’s not time but I currently have time to cut it.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
4:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looked at some of mine today. If I was gonna square bale I’d go. It would make pretty hay. Not sure what I want to do. It’s not time but I currently have time to cut it.
I'm really wanting to test my baler repair out. Its smooth as silk spinning empty now.....hopefully it does good.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Waiting, waiting & more waiting on the hay to dry. Chase has near 200 acres down, he had .50” a couple days ago on it & it’s been so humid & no wind that it’s not drying much. Today was supposed to be 94* & breezy, it’s overcast humid & now sprinkling so hopefully tomorrow we can start rolling it up. The guessers are saying upper 90’s the rest of the week so that should dry it out.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Raining hard here right now, will be alright if this is the only rain day. I can ted tomorrow evening and give it another drying day Thursday. Otherwise it's ruint!

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I am guessing it’s fully ported & polished up now. Does it have a Mastermind sticker on it now ???
Since I've had this machine my grandson and I have had it all apart several times. Probably did do some polishing on it....yeah. But....how does one port a baler?

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_4648.jpegBack to baler Project. All old times and guards off. Lots of the little bolts holding the guards on rung off. Pain in my d ick. Some were long enough I was able to jam 2 nuts on and then take them out the other way. Some weren’t long enough. Think ima just cut the rest out w torch and weld new nut. That’s how she was originally built so I’m gonna have to go that route. No big deal but really dragged this project out. Plus it was 95 today. New pictures tomorrow