Sad.... But I have never seen one in any of the shops up here

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's cuz they can give ya a hernia lifting it to the log but then you would recovery from it by the time it finished the cut lol.
LOL. Should come with free gym membership

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
1:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh and the other lame thing I've seen about Echo that sucks for us hobbyists guys is the cost of replacement parts. Kind of point less to buy a saw needing parts that'll end up costing more than a new saw.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hear ya Bob on how these sites skew the realities of real world sales but out here I've seen the Husky dealer drop husky and go to Echo, the Stihl dealer started selling Echo. It also helps Echo is being sold by 2 long time, full service mechanic on duty lawnmower shops. Now this ain't logging country by any means but Echo it seems is laying the groundwork for a war of attrition that could very well pan out for them.

Don't doubt that a bit. Many dealers look for options once they get pushed too much by the company or have to deal with a nitwit rep. Relationships get fractured. Recall that we looked into Echo ourselves back in the fall, mostly for some top handle options. But they had so much to say about what we had to buy, including displays. How much wall space they would "own". Mandatory participation in a "marketing program". Just laughed and told them to forget it. We don't get along very well with rules. But in defense of Echo, I think most of that nonsense was from the distributor, not Echo.

Just think about it. I'm here arguing with Broddi and I'd have probably ordered one for myself just to play with. LOL

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't doubt that a bit. Many dealers look for options once they get pushed too much by the company or have to deal with a nitwit rep. Relationships get fractured. Recall that we looked into Echo ourselves back in the fall, mostly for some top handle options. But they had so much to say about what we had to buy, including displays. How much wall space they would "own". Mandatory participation in a "marketing program". Just laughed and told them to forget it. We don't get along very well with rules. But in defense of Echo, I think most of that nonsense was from the distributor, not Echo.

Just think about it. I'm here arguing with Broddi and I'd have probably ordered one for myself just to play with. LOL

Lol, get that cute little pocket sized 2511.

Broddi

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Tell your buddy on you tube to do a 620p video. Have a good one Bob

Habada
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Is the current Echo D.B.G.M. over or under 200 pages?

I got in trouble when I said "L's" marketing department is paid by the word.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is the current Echo D.B.G.M. over or under 200 pages?

I got in trouble when I said "L's" marketing department is paid by the word.

Didn't count the pages but B borrowed the hand truck to bring it in. Their marketing Dept is too big. W S is a good guy and knows his stuff. But they have to feed that Dept. All this nonsense, started by Stihl BTW, about dealers paying for national advertising is a major scam in the industry.

Broddi

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
We'd do that if we had a saw. We can ship it back. ;)

Between his "followers" and yours...…..sorry I'm just having fun. I pick on him, might as well do the same to you.
I have thought of sending him one .I do give ssws and gear away.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Broddi get tired of talking to yourself in your own Facebook group after being kicked out of all the ones that have "intelligent" conversation? Glad you decided to "grace" us with your presence.

(do I feel a little "punchy" today? yeah probably not myself, putting down an 18month old puppy is never a good day)

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have the following to do it. Watch n see.

0168eb9dfd62e06c95edc70c254804c5.jpg

You tell him Lord Dark Helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Habada
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Didn't count the pages but B borrowed the hand truck to bring it in. Their marketing Dept is too big. W S is a good guy and knows his stuff. But they have to feed that Dept. All this nonsense, started by Stihl BTW, about dealers paying for national advertising is a major scam in the industry.
Wait....your rep has programs on paper??

My rep may read this so I better watch what I say.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you guys want to know what's going to happen, you don't have to wait for them to release the saw. Just go back about 12 years or so and read all of the Dolmar threads over on AS. Lotta chatter from both Dolmar fans and some darn good dealers too. All kinds of pics from trade shows showing Dolmar banners waving in the breeze. Wow this is great; look at this response! Dolmar's ship is gonna come in. It'll be the same deal with this Echo. Difference is Echo has strong market presence in other segments, so how good this saw does or doesn't do isn't all that important. Echo will stick around.

But the same thing will happen with this new saw. It will get a lot of play here on these sites. That will create the illusion that what's happening here in the enthusiast world is also happening in the real world, but it won't be. Another example closer to home: The 590/620 Echo chassis are great saws. But ya never see them. The NY GTG in April: 100 guys with over a thousand saws, but where are they?

The thing with you Echo guys is this: Just enjoy the saws for yourselves and don't worry about how well they sell or trying to convince Husky or Stihl users to like them. You don't need any endorsements from us about how good the saw is. Just have fun with it. :)

Eloquently Stated yet again Bob.

The new ECHO saw will probably be a great saw, but the big 2 are so far ahead catching them will be but a dream.

Some won’t be dissuaded from Charging the course no mater the realities, but hey, I guess ECHO needs a big Cheerleader too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro