High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

The new 70cc ECHO saw

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Just by way of a general observation ....
We have a less "polarised dynamic " over in the UK with many dealerships stocking more than 1 make of OPE , in fact its very unusual to find only one make to chose from in general. Its very common for Stihl and Husqvarna (Echo as well ) to be sold by the same place along with a large group of mowers ,line trimmers ,hedge trimmers , blowers.....Etc.
Echo is very often sold as the main stay in some cases if a dealership is not signed up to the big 2 plus you often find Makita in the mix . I would say Echo are the 3rd biggest player to be found here when taking into account they make and sell plenty of other product alongside the saws.
We also have a slightly different line up of saws from the USA so I would like to think the new saw will be available here.

Broddi

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Sure it will. I also hear Alpina is planning a big comeback with a new 70cc saw of their own.

Gonna take a lot more than just you pushing it. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see it do well, but it will remain a bit player. 30 years in the saw biz and I've seen this so many times. The Dolmar 7900, as good as it is never made the big splash it deserved. You gotta look at more than the saw itself. There are market realities that will not be overcome. It would have to completely blow away the new offerings from Husky and Stihl to cause a ripple. That's not going to happen.
I have the following to do it. Watch n see.

longleaf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
There is a lot of brand prejudice out there but more people are realizing huskys quality control ain’t what it use to be and Stihl are expensive. I know it’s one small area but here echos have about taken over here even with loggers because of bad dealers. If they would make their saws more consistent design from one size to the next they make become more of a player than you would expect.

Broddi

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
There is a lot of brand prejudice out there but more people are realizing huskys quality control ain’t what it use to be and Stihl are expensive. I know it’s one small area but here echos have about taken over here even with loggers because of bad dealers. If they would make their saws more consistent design from one size to the next they make become more of a player than you would expect.
Agreed

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you guys want to know what's going to happen, you don't have to wait for them to release the saw. Just go back about 12 years or so and read all of the Dolmar threads over on AS. Lotta chatter from both Dolmar fans and some darn good dealers too. All kinds of pics from trade shows showing Dolmar banners waving in the breeze. Wow this is great; look at this response! Dolmar's ship is gonna come in. It'll be the same deal with this Echo. Difference is Echo has strong market presence in other segments, so how good this saw does or doesn't do isn't all that important. Echo will stick around.

But the same thing will happen with this new saw. It will get a lot of play here on these sites. That will create the illusion that what's happening here in the enthusiast world is also happening in the real world, but it won't be. Another example closer to home: The 590/620 Echo chassis are great saws. But ya never see them. The NY GTG in April: 100 guys with over a thousand saws, but where are they?

The thing with you Echo guys is this: Just enjoy the saws for yourselves and don't worry about how well they sell or trying to convince Husky or Stihl users to like them. You don't need any endorsements from us about how good the saw is. Just have fun with it. :)

Broddi

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
20180506_162642~2.jpg
If you guys want to know what's going to happen, you don't have to wait for them to release the saw. Just go back about 12 years or so and read all of the Dolmar threads over on AS. Lotta chatter from both Dolmar fans and some darn good dealers too. All kinds of pics from trade shows showing Dolmar banners waving in the breeze. Wow this is great; look at this response! Dolmar's ship is gonna come in. It'll be the same deal with this Echo. Difference is Echo has strong market presence in other segments, so how good this saw does or doesn't do isn't all that important. Echo will stick around.

But the same thing will happen with this new saw. It will get a lot of play here on these sites. That will create the illusion that what's happening here in the enthusiast world is also happening in the real world, but it won't be. Another example closer to home: The 590/620 Echo chassis are great saws. But ya never see them. The NY GTG in April: 100 guys with over a thousand saws, but where are they?

The thing with you Echo guys is this: Just enjoy the saws for yourselves and don't worry about how well they sell or trying to convince Husky or Stihl users to like them. You don't need any endorsements from us about how good the saw is. Just have fun with it. :)
In time you will see. I know how many have purchased an Echo because of me. I was straight husky guy for decades. The market is already feeling Echo believe me .If I can see this so will others. Count on the Shack .

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have the following to do it. Watch n see.

You have a "following"? You suppose they like being called followers?

Wow, I mean are you serious? What are you going to do that's going to make a difference? And where is that difference going to be made?

Broddi

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You have a "following"? You suppose they like being called followers?

Wow, I mean are you serious? What are you going to do that's going to make a difference? And where is that difference going to be made?
Guess you will have to pay attention .I'm sure some here know who I am . I'm already being felt . Like me or hate me I'm in the game and not new to this .

Broddi

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So, it's really not about the saws, is it? It's all about you.
you sure want to pick me apart. LOL keep trying spike .You hardly have the while picture but think you do.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I hear ya Bob on how these sites skew the realities of real world sales but out here I've seen the Husky dealer drop husky and go to Echo, the Stihl dealer started selling Echo. It also helps Echo is being sold by 2 long time, full service mechanic on duty lawnmower shops. Now this ain't logging country by any means but Echo it seems is laying the groundwork for a war of attrition that could very well pan out for them.

Broddi

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I hear ya Bob on how these sites skew the realities of real world sales but out here I've seen the Husky dealer drop husky and go to Echo, the Stihl dealer started selling Echo. It also helps Echo is being sold by 2 long time, full service mechanic on duty lawnmower shops. Now this ain't logging country by any means but Echo it seems is laying the groundwork for a war of attrition that could very well pan out for them.
Echo is playing chess and not checkers .I see it coming.

Broddi

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It seems to be that way.

Now if they could just fit a 90cc head to the 800 they would be helping themselves out immensely, cuz in it current form that thing cant get out of it's own way lol.
That saw needs retired .LOL .Old platform like the 680