The new 70cc ECHO saw

Homelite750

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got some information on the CS-73 X series. What I was told was that it's at almost 14,000 rpm and has a lot of torque. It weighs less than a 576 so that should be around 572 weight. There is one up here that has almost 2 years of testing on it.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm running NK 325 AKA LP325 on my CS390. I don't notice a huge difference in speed, but I do notice a big difference in how long the cutters last, and how often they need to be sharpened. The 325 just performs better there., and the bars last longer in hard use as well.

168721135.oYHtRCQM.DSC_2126.JPG

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He's sort of correct in one aspect. In the states, Echo and Shindaiwa often come with Oregon bars. Outside of the states, they are almost exclusively Tsumura or SugiHara bars. That bar on my Echo is standard. It also comes with a 15" Tsumura as well. Both bars are long lasting. I have a SugiHara laminated that has lasted 2 years longer than a laminated Oregon bar in the same application(which lasted 3 months). And I have seen SugiHara and Tsumura bars branded Shindaiwa and ECHO.

168686487.zTGbETTy.jpg

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Zenoh is a farm co op in japan that buys large quantities of stuff puts their name on it then sells to farmers

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
390ESX has the same stroke (33mm) as 501 :D And tremendous compression. And it's strange it doesn't accelerate fast - it actually should. Re-adjust or run-in and re-adjust. Lovely unit :D

I read MWeba's mods on the bigger 500 series brother not long ago. He claimed his breathed much better once he opened up the intake and put on a new filter. What I did was just poke a load of holes in my filter cover on the flywheel side to hopefully avoid too many fines getting in off the PTo side. I also added another exhaust vent on the flywheel side of the muffler as you can see in the pic. She is a much happier saw now.

168887924.35rmeTAC.cs390_air_ports_4.JPG

Also, I gotta note that I like how the dB rating is an honest dB rating. I have a 281XP that says 102dB. Shyeah! Maybe if it had a rat stuck inside of the exhaust it might do 102...
With the extra exhaust outlet, this thing ain't an honest 116dB anymore tho...

Last edited:

longleaf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I read MWeba's mods on the bigger 500 series brother not long ago. He claimed his breathed much better once he opened up the intake and put on a new filter. What I did was just poke a load of holes in my filter cover on the flywheel side to hopefully avoid too many fines getting in off the PTo side. I also added another exhaust vent on the flywheel side of the muffler as you can see in the pic. She is a much happier saw now.

Also, I gotta note that I like how the dB rating is an honest dB rating. I have a 281XP that says 102dB. Shyeah! Maybe if it had a rat stuck inside of the exhaust it might do 102...
That saw makes me think of the top gear off road challenge. When their American made trucks broke down they had to drive the Toyota and wear Japanese flag bandannas.

Battle Cross 2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

images.jpeg-2.jpgYou could run frog skins over the holes in the filter cover to keep fines out.

Broddi

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Probably a decent saw, but you guys are dreaming as far as anybody actually buying these things. Be about like the chart above where 1 guy out of 61 runs an Echo.

Not exactly great timing for them either. With the 565/572 and MS462 and MS500i just around the corner, (with more models to come not long after), the Echo is going to have a hard time getting noticed.
It will get noticed. I will make sure that Saw is pushed hard.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It will get noticed. I will make sure that Saw is pushed hard.

Sure it will. I also hear Alpina is planning a big comeback with a new 70cc saw of their own.

Gonna take a lot more than just you pushing it. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see it do well, but it will remain a bit player. 30 years in the saw biz and I've seen this so many times. The Dolmar 7900, as good as it is never made the big splash it deserved. You gotta look at more than the saw itself. There are market realities that will not be overcome. It would have to completely blow away the new offerings from Husky and Stihl to cause a ripple. That's not going to happen.

Last edited:

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That saw makes me think of the top gear off road challenge. When their American made trucks broke down they had to drive the Toyota and wear Japanese flag bandannas.

The Truth Hurts some people but as you know, A YoYo will get you home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sure it will. I also hear Alpina is planning a big comeback with a new 70cc saw of their own.

Gonna take a lot more than just you pushing it. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see it do well, but it will remain a bit player. 30 years in the saw biz and I've seen this so many times. The Dolmar 7900, as good as it is never made the big splash it deserved. You gotta look at more the saw itself. There are market realities that will not be overcome. It would have to completely blow away the new offerings from Husky and Stihl to cause a ripple. That's not going to happen.
I agree
I'm still running some 90s era alpinas pro 600s
Fine saws except for the prone to fail
Coils they never was popular here with a local dealer.
I'd like to see them bring out a good 70cc
Option but there's no way
They will outshine the husky or even stihl options.
If the new echo has a good price point
It'll get a following of some sort.

Last edited: