High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

The latest dye job.

RD35

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hey folks. Just noticed this "dye" thread. Glanced through the posts. Looks like Rit Dye is the solution to coloring plastics without using paint! I acquired a super cheap 025 some time back. Low compression and a broken rear handle. So, I fixed the engine and I bought a used replacement tank/handle. When I received the handle, it was a much darker shade of orange than the original. It did not include the air filter cover. So, when I put the original undamaged cover on the new handle base they look aweful together. I bought a bottle of Rit brown. I had not worked up the nerve to try darkening the air filter cover...but now I'm definitely gonna do it. I will experiment on the old broken handle first since it was an exact match to the filter cover. I hope the brown will take me in the right direction to get a reasonably close color match! I'll try to post before and after photos!

460 magnum

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hey folks. Just noticed this "dye" thread. Glanced through the posts. Looks like Rit Dye is the solution to coloring plastics without using paint! I acquired a super cheap 025 some time back. Low compression and a broken rear handle. So, I fixed the engine and I bought a used replacement tank/handle. When I received the handle, it was a much darker shade of orange than the original. It did not include the air filter cover. So, when I put the original undamaged cover on the new handle base they look aweful together. I bought a bottle of Rit brown. I had not worked up the nerve to try darkening the air filter cover...but now I'm definitely gonna do it. I will experiment on the old broken handle first since it was an exact match to the filter cover. I hope the brown will take me in the right direction to get a reasonably close color match! I'll try to post before and after photos!

Well if it doesn't darken the plastics to the right shade of orange you can just dye it black:D