The Hell with August!

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Amazing how many people are not concerned with the actual weight of this saw when they thought it was a big deal when the weight of the 362 Ver I was erroneously listed as being heavier than a 562.

I think this is going to be a good saw, and I'm not knocking it at all. In fact, looking forward to running it at the NY GTG.

I mostly have stuck with Stihls for bar compatibility, etc. Not that I don't like other saws, but I try to keep my life less complicated.

I also like that I can use the same filter on the 261 + 362, and the same with 044/440, 460, 066/660. Only having to stock 2 types also keeps it simple.

Wish a 462 would show up also, but I guess we will just have to wait.
Mike: Very valid points. Bar compatibility and air filter compatibity on Stihls. I thought the same thoughts as well, just never posted it. Simplicity. [emoji106]

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Then how about a 262, 272,394 all share the same filter, pretty simple 60, 70, 90cc classes

Agree completely, pick your flavor. I just happened to start with my 10 mm 044 when a tool rental place had them on sale because they were discontinuing them (the idiots switched to Homelite). It was head and shoulders better than any of the Homelites I had previously, so I never looked back.

At the time I was buying logs and heating my house with wood. The 044 made the process much faster, and it was also far more reliable. I always had ongoing trouble with the recoil starters on the Homelites.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Nice rig. Do you own it?
Sadly, no...Property of the Town of Vienna...my employer. Might have an opportunity though once the next new ten wheeler arrives later this year. It will likely end up on Auctions International. Alot of municipal hand-me-downs auctioned off there...

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sadly, no...Property of the Town of Vienna...my employer. Might have an opportunity though once the next new ten wheeler arrives later this year. It will likely end up on Auctions International. Alot of municipal hand-me-downs auctioned off there...
OK. Cool. It looked like a municipal plow there. [emoji106]
Nice looking though and looks well maintained.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Now Joe, you know as well as I do that the trans and the diff have WAY more to do with pulling a hill than the engine does. Personally I like a Fuller 15 speed and 4.17 rears, good money earning truck.
That's true...I've driven many a mile with a 60-Series and many with a 3406e, both ten speeds, no idea the gears...just a company driver. Also have a fair amount of time with a new DD-13. The truck above just has a C-12. Of all of them, the 3406 is my favorite. For some reason I just like Cats although the DD-13 really does lug down and still pull like a 60-series could only ever dream of