Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
6:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those are the pics from the first day. Gonna play with it this weekend though. Been snowing all week. Re-doing the showroom and we have 2 Gravely deliveries this week.

Gonna make a video with Walt showing a "through the years" theme with a 272 ,372 and 572?

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gonna make a video with Walt showing a "through the years" theme with a 272 ,372 and 572?

Yes, there's a video coming for sure. Wanted to not really mention the saw online until we did the video. But the non stop snow that is feet deep in the woods, plus some busy schedules mean the video could be a couple weeks away. I couldn't sit on the saw and keep quiet for that long. LOL But the video will cover some details on the 572. Show the improvements that have been made, maybe talk a little about the gen 3 auto tune. Also want to break it in a little before then. I can get a tank or 2 through it, but I'd like to give it to one of the loggers than tested the prototypes to put a dozen tanks through it.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was hoping that would be your "surprise" saw at the GTG. Looking forward to pulling the trigger on it.

IMO, it is stuff like this that make these GTGs so great, in addition to the great people and great food!

Can you put it on a scale for us before you fuel it to end that debate???

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Bob! Just don't get yourself into trouble with the mother ship sharing too much info before they are actually "released". That said, I'll be anxiously waiting for the vid you and Walt make. And I'm with Dub, would be cool to see a comparison of the 272, 372, and 572.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, there's really no secrets on the thing anymore. It's out in several markets and there are plenty of pics and videos posted everywhere. I just wanted a pic of a saw on my deck and not from somewhere in Europe. And this saw deserves it's own video from Walt's sugar shack. :) I'll have it the day you and Josh come over.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree...I wonder about that Recoil cover though.

Took it off to have a look. Very similar to the 562 starter. Looks like it uses the same starter pulley.

Did some very smart things with the wire routing and air conductor. (Will be easier to show/explain this stuff in the video.)

And for those guys to whom this is a life or death issue......................the screws are all T-27. ;)