Probably about time to lean her out some more

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice work 150 is healthy for a stock am jug and piston. I would trust that set to last right with a oem in a logging environment. Tecomic is good stuff and i think you did very well getting that kit at that price
A used oem with issues would cost you same or more.

sixonetonoffun

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did a test fit today without a base gasket. Came in .020-.021 with dial caliper. Wish I had a Mic but it's in the ballpark.

Plating looks great. The exhaust port looks so wonky. Piston seems better then a vec. Just a quick light chamfer really.

I can see why Mkinslow was a little hesitant at first glance. Should clean up nicely!

Maybe these cocked exhaust port castings will be the next big trend in performance mods!! Twisted tunnel sonic turbo...

Something I could afford to play with and not lose any sleep over if I get carried away.

sixonetonoffun

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Played with the ports some.

Look something like this now.
Ex 100
Trans 122 primary 130 secondary
Int 75

This is new to me only second cylinder under the grinder.

Was shooting for 100, 120, 80 but might let er go like this. Just waiting on an intake then should be ready for a trial run.

Original no gasket 110, 130, 70

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds and looks good and strong! Nice work! That didn't look like any chump of a log either. :)

Did you delete the BG or is the BG installed?

And that P&C kit was what, 30 bucks??
No sir that log is hard lol. It’s a bg delete and I cleaned up casting flash and matched intake and exhaust. And yeah I believe it was about 30$. It’s showing great potential so far. Gonna finish tuning if this Tennessee weather will stabilize

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice work 150 is healthy for a stock am jug and piston. I would trust that set to last right with a oem in a logging environment. Tecomic is good stuff and i think you did very well getting that kit at that price
A used oem with issues would cost you same or more.
Thanks bud. Yeah it’s surprised me so far. It was very hard to pass on it for that price. She’s holding up good so far

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Played with the ports some.

Look something like this now.
Ex 100
Trans 122 primary 130 secondary
Int 75

This is new to me only second cylinder under the grinder.

Was shooting for 100, 120, 80 but might let er go like this. Just waiting on an intake then should be ready for a trial run.

Original no gasket 110, 130, 70
I gotta get me a degree wheel so I can start playing with some my saws more. I think you’ll like the p/c It’s doing well for me so far. Did you already have/get an intake? I may have an extra

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry for the late replies guys. I wasn’t getting my notifications on this.

sixonetonoffun

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the offer. I should have one Tuesday. Had ordered 1 before but some how I ordered a rectangle port by mistake.

My buddies wife printed a few wheels on card stock from a pdf floating around here. Also found a 1/2" Chuck hanging out in his shop for next time around.

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No problem bud, I try to help out when I can. I’ve been trying to find that pdf on here but I haven’t yet. I could have swore I saved it last time I saw it in a thread, but apparently I didn’t lol.
If you don’t mind and would like too, when you get your build done post it on this thread so we can see what a ported Tecomec kit does.

sixonetonoffun

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you don’t mind and would like too, when you get your build done post it on this thread so we can see what a ported Tecomec kit does.
Not much of a video guy but will give it a shot. Grinder and file hacked up... may be a better description. But am having fun with it so far.

If it is slightly stronger then the oem open port cylinder I will feel successful. FWIW!

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m doing my grinding with a Dremel right now. Works pretty well if you buy the better burs and such. May upgrade one day once I learn more. Videos aren’t too hard, I figured it out lol. I’m thinking of getting a piston for my open port on this same saw just to see what it feels like and kinda of do a comparison.

sixonetonoffun

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That would be fun. My oem Mahle was/is decent. Just minor wear at the skirts blowing just at 160 or slightly less. I said to my buddy "I must be nukkinfuzt to mess with perfection".

I had run it through some decent sized frozen box elder and left a few cuts of 18" or so trunk handed him the saw and said tell me what you think.

He comes back straight faced trying not to smile... Well you might be right (long pause) about messing with perfection.

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That would be fun. My oem Mahle was/is decent. Just minor wear at the skirts blowing just at 160 or slightly less. I said to my buddy "I must be nukkinfuzt to mess with perfection".

I had run it through some decent sized frozen box elder and left a few cuts of 18" or so trunk handed him the saw and said tell me what you think.

He comes back straight faced trying not to smile... Well you might be right (long pause) about messing with perfection.
Is that with the new piston and cylinder that you were messing with

sixonetonoffun

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Haven't fired the Tecomec yet. Boot came today. Just got it sealed up.

Will let it cure a bit. Am a little skeptical of the 20min cure time. Especially since the shop I am at next door wasn't heated overnight.

I didn't go to extremes on port width. Figure the 48mm doesn't need as much as a 50mm.