Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
12:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I put 3 tanks of fuel through the tecomec 365 this afternoon cutting some fire wood. Ran great and strong. I adjusted the carb ,backing out both high and low around a half turn and saw seemed to pick up and hold rpms better. Does this seem to be on par for a ported saw?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Takes fuel to make more power.

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Takes fuel to make more power.
Yes sir that's what I was thinking anyway lol. Thought I read something about guys having to increase fuel settings quite a bit once a saw was ported.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
12:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Flowing more air means more fuel needed to maintain correct stoich ratio.

Saw looks great Matt.

Are you happy? That's all that matters.

Port work looks damn good. Better than anything I turned out at your stage of the game, for sure.

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Flowing more air means more fuel needed to maintain correct stoich ratio.

Saw looks great Matt.

Are you happy? That's all that matters.

Port work looks damn good. Better than anything I turned out at your stage of the game, for sure.
Oh yeah I'm happy with it for sure bud. Just trying to be sure my thinking with increased fuel is on the right path. Still gotta lot to figure out and learn but I'm not intimidated by grinding on a cylinder anymore. Thanks for the compliment,means a lot coming from someone as yourself.

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

sixonetonoffun

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you advance the timing? I haven't on mine. On the to do list but never get around to that end of the list. Seems like mixed opinions on it.

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Late to this thread been working too much.
Nice job Marshall, it's all downhill from here!
Next you will go on vacation and come home with a lathe! LOL
Harbor freight has some cheap and effective diamond bits, come in a set with various shapes and sizes.
They are great for beveling the ports on a budget.

https://m.harborfreight.com/50-pc-d...XvNFVQ5y0y5C3w69LrY0iGFQjBAVp9wgaAjIgEALw_wcB
Thanks Mike,lol I wish I even had room for a lathe. I know a guy with a machine shop,it just takes him forever to get to stuff because he's so busy. And I'm already planning on doing my 2159 next lol.

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you advance the timing? I haven't on mine. On the to do list but never get around to that end of the list. Seems like mixed opinions on it.
Not as of yet I haven't advanced it. Its running nice though. Ran 3 tanks through it the other day and ended up giving it about a half turn more on both high and low side needles. It picked up more grunt and speed with that also. Compression is around 160. Both my gauges read the same on all my saws,which I feel like they both read a little low but.....

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lmao. I’ve heard that a few times in your brothers posts/threads. I’ll make a decision soon hopefully. But I’ll still need to come up with some more parts to finish this build. Which ever piston or P/C I go with I’ll still have to get a clutch drum and gear , decomp or plug carb kit , low top filter elbow and a good hand full of screws that I don’t have so it’ll be a little while in the making to finish up
Both of tecomec and meteor are of great quality for pistons so it's more less on whats you're budget ether way you can't go wrong with ether of them.

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Both of tecomec and meteor are of great quality for pistons so it's more less on whats you're budget ether way you can't go wrong with ether of them.
Yes sir you're right. So far I like them both.