High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Strangest place/ time of chainsaw deal

Jonesy11

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Like the title says, name the weirdest/ strangest place you have done a saw deal. Buying or selling. Just want to see the things other people go through for saw deals.

My recent one was meeting a guy at a gas station at 4:30 am before going to work because he wanted the saw before the weekend.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
11:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This thread sounds a little dirty

:beautiful:

Jonesy11

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Its ok to polish the saw once in a while.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Gunn

Yay sawz
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I drove 4 hours to pick a "running" 064. Turns out the guy is a homesteader and his access road is a mile long bumpy ass road that made the Shell cratered battlefield of the Somme looks like a sheet of glass.

After almost total certainty my wheels were about to fall off my truck, I arrive. Im greeted by a family of Hasidic Jews (short hair on top, large beards, and the twisty curly thingies). They proceed to show me the saw and try to demonstrate it runs but could not get it running. I look the saw over and decided after the 4 hour drive I wasn't going home empty handed and paid the gentleman and headed home.

Ill never forget that trip.

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not as exciting as others...Bought my 5100s from a guy on CL. He was going hunting but said his wife would meet me and I could call him with any questions when I checked out the saw. It was Black Friday and this woman dressed to the nines pulls up in a new, spotless Lincoln. Opens the truck and lifts the saw out like it was a dead rat. The saw was spotless and had been surrounded by Macy's and boutique store bags. She said that he wanted a bigger saw so this one has to go. She said all of their trees are 10' tall so she doesn't know what he was planning to do with it. She said the only thing he cut with this saw was a pallet. Needless to say, I gave her the cash and ran.

Mag Craft

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
In a gun store. I was looking at holsters for my 45 long colt and got to shooting the breeze with a guy there and it turned out he was a retired tree service person who still had all his old saws. The first one I got was the 2100cd. I went back for 2 more later on.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I met a guy from a Gumtree (craigslist) add in a McDonalds carpark one day to buy a Partner R-16, he said he had another old saw which was a very original Solo 640, why do a one saw deal when you can negotiate a better price two saw deal....I came home with both. I fully restored the R-16 which is one of my favourite saws, the 640 is a future project.

Carbine

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not the craziest, but one of the most memorable. It was at a grocery store parking lot late at night (not that crazy), but the guy that met me there had no shoes or shirt on, gets out of his car to show me how the saw runs... In a parking lot with people walking in the store.
Turns out he was a good dude, and I ended up buying another saw from him a couple years later.

ELECT6845

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got enough crazy stories about buying saws to write a book.

foragefarmer

70cc groupie
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had to go out in the middle of nowhere and crawl around in the back of a dump truck full of saws in an old barn packed to the rafters full of stuff. Then I had to help the guy unload a Studebaker horse drawn wagon from his trailer into the barn. :stick:

Guido Salvage

Supreme saw hoeder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had to go out in the middle of nowhere and crawl around in the back of a dump truck full of saws in an old barn packed to the rafters full of stuff. Then I had to help the guy unload a Studebaker horse drawn wagon from his trailer into the barn. :stick:

Sounds like someone I should meet...

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pics of the wagon.

SixGun

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just drove 4 hours to Mass from NJ after being promised wholesale prices on a chainsaw hoarders collection.
After picking for an hour and throwing out a very fair number, he informed me that Ebay prices were wholesale to him.
He started at 3 times my price.
I did ok but spent an entire day and about $100 in fuel for OK prices. Yay

Gunn

Yay sawz
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Guido found that ratchet strap on CL three states over and had it mailed to him by another forum member