High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

stihl 192t starts,runs for a bit ,then dies?

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
11:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stihl gas blowers and line trimmers also have lots of problems with clogged spark screens. They clog up, turn jet black with burnt grime, and eventually stop the engine dead or keep it from reaching WOT. I've replaced a bunch of them or cleaned them up. Here's one that I cleaned from a blower and it's now ready for service:
Muffler Spark Screen.JPG This was jet black all over and no air could get through at all.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
12:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Angelo...

Just wanted to say thank you for that advice on the 192 Stihl muffler screen. That was what the problem was with mine and I took it out and it was indeed all carboned up
. Runs like a champ now. so thanks for your advice. I really like these forms. Saves time and money!
:campeon::campeon::campeon:

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
12:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Stihl gas blowers and line trimmers also have lots of problems with clogged spark screens. They clog up, turn jet black with burnt grime, and eventually stop the engine dead or keep it from reaching WOT. I've replaced a bunch of them or cleaned them up. Here's one that I cleaned from a blower and it's now ready for service:
View attachment 197041 This was jet black all over and no air could get through at all.

that's as "automatic" of a diagnosis on a trimmer/weed whacker/blower as there is. Not sure what a "spark" arrestor is gonna do in a baclpack blower in the first case. But its a "remove" for me then start the "search" for issues. damn things are always run super rich and clogged up .