High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

stihl 192t starts,runs for a bit ,then dies?

skip sail

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Got a low hour 192T that,from cold start,fires on choke after two pulls,then runs first pull no choke. runs well for about 20/30 seconds then dies. Starts,then dies straightaway,then wont start.
any diagnosis welcomed!

skip sail

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
how do i find it on this crazy little unit? nothings where you think it would be!

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
how do i find it on this crazy little unit? nothings where you think it would be!

Quick test. When it dies and won't start, open the fuel cap, put it back and see if it starts.
If not then you are probably looking at coil or kill wire shorting out.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

skip sail

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
thanks for the advice fellas. decided to work through the options,starting with easiest first.
Removed the spark screen,a little dirty,but not too bad. still,gave it a clean,put it back in and the saw started 3rd pull and ran like a champ,no dying or bogging down,cut down a couple of smaller trees and limbed them,no problems.
How lucky was that? and how simple? Angelo,i reckon you saved me a lot of pull down time.
what surprises me is that there was very little carbon on the screen,but that must have been enough to throw things out of whack.
I had no idea such a simple thing could make such a difference.
Nice to get lucky now and again, the yard sale 192T that i bought for $25 because "it doesnt run" turns out to be a keeper

Brewup

New OPE Member
Local time
11:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
check the muffler screen too. hell just take it out altogether....
also drop a few dribbles of fuel down the carby throat after it stalls to see if it will fire on a force feed....
Angelo...

Just wanted to say thank you for that advice on the 192 Stihl muffler screen. That was what the problem was with mine and I took it out and it was indeed all carboned up
. Runs like a champ now. so thanks for your advice. I really like these forms. Saves time and money!

Attachments

• IMG_20190827_121927568.jpg
    IMG_20190827_121927568.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 10

Carhartt

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
thanks for the advice fellas. decided to work through the options,starting with easiest first.
Removed the spark screen,a little dirty,but not too bad. still,gave it a clean,put it back in and the saw started 3rd pull and ran like a champ,no dying or bogging down,cut down a couple of smaller trees and limbed them,no problems.
How lucky was that? and how simple? Angelo,i reckon you saved me a lot of pull down time.
what surprises me is that there was very little carbon on the screen,but that must have been enough to throw things out of whack.
I had no idea such a simple thing could make such a difference.
Nice to get lucky now and again, the yard sale 192T that i bought for $25 because "it doesnt run" turns out to be a keeper
I wish fixing a saw was this easy for me. I am jealous.