SOLD Stihl 026 price reduced

Trader history (0)

Toad22t

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have a very nice all original early metal tagged red levered 026 pro! This seems to be a very low hour saw. I just don't use it or really wanna use it because it's so nice.

I just put a brand new wt 194 carb on it and a mesh filter. I have also drilled out the muffler cover but not extreme. It came with a 194 carb bit I put it on another 026 that went down the road already. It has great compression @160psi. This saw is a real good runner, but I need the shelf space back for future endeavors.

I would like to get $375 obo shipped to the lower 48! If there's any questions please feel free to ask. Thanks AdamIMG_20160330_214942.jpg IMG_20160330_214929.jpg IMG_20160330_214951.jpg IMG_20160330_215019.jpg IMG_20160330_221029.jpg

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you sure it's a PRO? Both of mine have decomp valves on them, but I imagine it is a PRO because it does have adjustable oil flow. Regardless, I don't dare give you an offer. LOML would file for divorce if I bring a third one on board. I use these saws on anything less than 12" dia. and that's well over half of what I cut for firewood. They always start, always run, and never complain.

Toad22t

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Are you sure it's a PRO? Both of mine have decomp valves on them, but I imagine it is a PRO because it does have adjustable oil flow. Regardless, I don't dare give you an offer. LOML would file for divorce if I bring a third one on board. I use these saws on anything less than 12" dia. and that's well over half of what I cut for firewood. They always start, always run, and never complain.

The later ones came with the decomp on them to my understanding! This is a very good saw for how you just explained it. I just don't like using it because of its condition. I also have 12 other saw's so I don't need it around anymore. I would like to pass it on to some one that can use it or sit and look at it. It's there choice lol!

I don't think this very nice beautiful looking saw would cause a divorce. I'm sure your wife would love it very much and except it with open arm's. You know mother's day is coming up! Lol

Also thank you everyone for the kind word's! I really hope this saw goes to a good home and can provide many year's of service and enjoyment!

fin460

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had one just like this saw, and it ran like a ported 026. A local guy came in wanting a 026 and it was the only one I had, so I said 350$ and he took it. I still regret selling that saw.

S Tebo

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score

I also have an 026, which I initially thought was a Pro because it had the adj Walbro carb and a slot in the bottom to insert a screwdriver to adjust the oiler, but no decomp. However, there is no oil screw up inside of the case to be adjusted. But that is irrelevant, because the saw oils better than some of my other saws with adjustable oilers. I am pretty confident that my saw is all original (except for my dual port muffler work) so you would have to check with a light to see if indeed there is an actual adjustment screw up inside of the case or not. That should confirm if it's a Pro or not.

I had one just like this saw, and it ran like a ported 026. A local guy came in wanting a 026 and it was the only one I had, so I said 350$ and he took it. I still regret selling that saw.

I agree with you Justin. My 026 is a red lever saw and with just the dual port muffler added, the saw runs like a ported saw- I was very impressed to say the least. It seems like all of the red lever era Stihl saws that I have run very well compaired to the black lever saws. Pro or not, I'm sure it's a runner- GLWS

Toad22t

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

I also have an 026, which I initially thought was a Pro because it had the adj Walbro carb and a slot in the bottom to insert a screwdriver to adjust the oiler, but no decomp. However, there is no oil screw up inside of the case to be adjusted. But that is irrelevant, because the saw oils better than some of my other saws with adjustable oilers. I am pretty confident that my saw is all original (except for my dual port muffler work) so you would have to check with a light to see if indeed there is an actual adjustment screw up inside of the case or not. That should confirm if it's a Pro or not.

I agree with you Justin. My 026 is a red lever saw and with just the dual port muffler added, the saw runs like a ported saw- I was very impressed to say the least. It seems like all of the red lever era Stihl saws that I have run very well compaired to the black lever saws. Pro or not, I'm sure it's a runner- GLWS

Well Justin you won't have to regret it anymore! Lol! I agree completely with both of you. I had two of these and both where in really great shape. This one was the nicer of the two and the "pro" version. This one does have the adjustment screw. I can get close up pics if this may be breaking the deal! I guess if I don't sell this I'm going to take it to the scrap yard. Lol jk! No it'll get sent out and go under the knife, but I'd rather sell it. I'm getting to big of a collection here and it's time for some spring cleaning.

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very nice 026. If I didn't have one I'd be all over it for that price.

I have a question though, since it is an early red lever saw shouldn't it have a metal handle and not a plastic one? I have the plastic one on my late model 026 Pro and I prefer the plastic handle. I'm not trying to nick pick I'm trying to learn more about the differences.

Gunn

Yay sawz
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My red lever 026 has the plastic handle from the factory. My late model 026 pro has the aluminum handle so you figure that out.

Toad22t

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My buddy and I were actually talking about that also. We came up with no real explanation besides possibly the previous owner switched them. The history I got when I bought it is that it was used very little. Which I'm sure we all can agree on. Besides that I know what you guys now know about it.

Toad22t

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My red lever 026 has the plastic handle from the factory. My late model 026 pro has the aluminum handle so you figure that out.

Is yours a pro Justin? Maybe the plastic handle was a pro option back then?

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's weird. Wonder what goes on at that Stihl factory? My 026 came from the factory with the spike upside down.

Cool saw regardless.