Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What happened?
Half an hour into my work day this morning I got heart racing, 180 beats per minute after the emergency services gave me initial medications.
Supposedly it is not necessarily related to any kind of heart defect and in my case the ER nurse identified too high heart currents which over stimulated the heart muscles.
The danger lies in the fact that the heart does not pump sufficient amounts of blood beating this fast, this leads to oxygen deprivation and can become critical.
I am getting a full checkup to make certain that I am physically OK.
I also received a medication which helps block the hearts receptors.

All in all there are much worse reasons to end up in the ER.

I ended up with an injection in my butt cheek, ER medic said to further help calm me down to reduce the heart beats.
I did not tell him to send the tall blonde nurse in red out of the ER room - totally worth it exposing my beehind and taking the needle into the right cheek. :p

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice! But my back hurts just watching you swing that. I've been there, done that, got the t-shirt.
I'd be anxious to see you swing the X27 in the same round. I think you would be pleasantly surprised. Much faster swing speed, half the weight. You don't get gassed.
In any event, nice score.
I did split a full round with the x27, and was surprised. Took more swings to get the initial round split in two...but was much lighter. Only problem o has with it...hitting right above a knot will allow it to get stuck pretty solidly.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice Frank
I find if I get the round split with a heavy maul, I switch to the X27 for the rest. Makes it much easier for me. Been splitting by hand for 40 years.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't know your age, and I'm not a Medical Doctor, but I'll give some free advice just the same. Almost all Meds have bad side effects, and heart rate can often be controlled by regular exercise and diet. Also, finding an enjoyable hobby can be very calming!

I have also had a lot of people tell me they have a "family history of XYZ", and if you open their refrigerator you will know why … it is not genetic, it is what they eat! Avoid or limit processed meats and fried foods and increase intake of fresh vegetables and fruit. IMO, the best red meat is a lean, rare steak.

Decades ago I went off my routine and everything started going South fast … high cholesterol, higher heart rate, higher blood pressure … now I make sure I exercise regularly and eat right (especially limiting ice cream, which I love)! I also get on the scale every morning and take action if I don't like the direction it is going. It is much easier to address when it is a small problem!

Best of luck going forward, I'll get off the soap box now.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did split a full round with the x27, and was surprised. Took more swings to get the initial round split in two...but was much lighter. Only problem o has with it...hitting right above a knot will allow it to get stuck pretty solidly.

The trick with the X-27 is speed and accuracy. To get the same energy from the lighter head, you need to swing it faster - the heavier maul has more momentum. I think if you hone your X-27 technique a bit you will be surprised how effective it can be (barring the stuck heads, which I agree can be a pain).

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad you are OK Wilhelm.
I thought maybe your heart rate was up because you received another ported Dolkita? Lol
There is something going on in that regard as well, not ported though . . .

I don't know your age, and I'm not a Medical Doctor, but I'll give some free advice just the same. Almost all Meds have bad side effects, and heart rate can often be controlled by regular exercise and diet. Also, finding an enjoyable hobby can be very calming!

I have also had a lot of people tell me they have a "family history of XYZ", and if you open their refrigerator you will know why … it is not genetic, it is what they eat! Avoid or limit processed meats and fried foods and increase intake of fresh vegetables and fruit. IMO, the best red meat is a lean, rare steak.

Decades ago I went off my routine and everything started going South fast … high cholesterol, higher heart rate, higher blood pressure … now I make sure I exercise regularly and eat right (especially limiting ice cream, which I love)! I also get on the scale every morning and take action if I don't like the direction it is going. It is much easier to address when it is a small problem!

Best of luck going forward, I'll get off the soap box now.
I am 41, my blood picture never showed wrong values other than extremely high hemoglobin levels - I am getting my blood taken and checked tomorrow to make certain everything is OK.
EKG check is set for Friday.
I like eating veggies and fruits.
I consider any and all work to be my "work out", especially splitting firewood by hand with an ax.
I don't eat rare meat, most Europeans don't.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't eat rare meat, most Europeans don't.

I know, I know. They love processed meats also (smoked, sausage, deli meats, etc.). I would try to reduce the intake of processed stuff … just sayin!

Unfortunately, we live it a world that is full of contaminants, you can not totally avoid them. Contaminants help to trigger things like cancer. Contaminants are generally stored in an animals fat, so the leaner your meat/fish/foul the better off you are (including chicken skin, the dark back of fish, etc). I know, I'm anal about this stuff, but it seems to work for me.

For example, I love bacon … but I only eat it occasionally as a treat. (There is a big craze here in the States of putting bacon on almost everything you can eat). I don't follow the crowd.

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

markds2

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What kinda wood? Videos please!!!

It's some kind of pine as it has a very very strong pine smell and is full of sticky resin. Awesome wood for starting a fire as it just about lights by itself when it sees a match. It tends to burn very hot, but quickly.

markds2

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pretty fast growing from the rings!

Yes it is fast-growing and surprisingly light (the wood has been down for a couple of years and has partially dried). Those 'rings' cut into quarters were relatively easy to move and to load onto the trailer. What I like about wood of that size is that although the right gear to handle it is needed, you get a huge amount of wood for relatively little effort :)

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All the pliers in one place?
If you can't find one pair you can't find any of them. Spread em out.

I do want the adj. wrench with the square tank valve socket on the back end.

Last edited:

Daserlon

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It all didnt happen today. I've had the oval adapter and air filter for a while now.
1204192234a.jpg
I found a blue top Husqvarna 266 top cover on craigslist a week or so ago and it showed up in the mail today.
1204192234.jpg
Its cool to have another full blue top kit. This makes 3 kits
1204192234b.jpg

0831171819.jpg
Dad gave me his 266 and 288

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score