Slowly Coming Soon!

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't follow instructions well I guess what I'm saying. Lol. I'll probably end up with at least a 3rd more lumber than they reccomend.

Yes.

That's the worst, usually how it goes though.
I'm sure you will make it nice in the end! [emoji41]

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the replies. The concrete costs up there are about 3/4 of here, maybe even a bit less as it is quite variable here depending on location and what they think they can get away with.

Yes, it's a lot to mix with a mixer and barrow/place manually, but I had no choice if I didn't want to wait until after the rain that's now pissisting down outside. Got most of it done. Just one more day to go but the critical stuff is done.

I second the Miller Mod Coffee Shop idea. Add an automatic chain grinder on the other side of a see through wall and Shirley people will turn up with a few chains and have a coffee and watch the show while they wait? Bit 'o 2-stroke fumes wafting through the joint, and man-glitter (wood chips) on the floor for ambience and it might be a winner. Or not.

I'd Visit, as Long as he served some of that Uppity coffee that Y'all all rave about.

Or Black Rifle Coffee, just because.

Growing up, the Saw shop & the tractor dealership were certainly 2 places that had a coffee pot, & somewhere to spit.

Lots of regulars spent a little more than they had to at these 2 joints.

hoskvarna

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks good Carl [emoji106]
My kit said the size of my building didn't need cables in all 4 corners.
My buddy is a forman for a construction crew and he said he has never seen one no matter what size that doesn't use cables. So I put some in. It was a breeze to plumb with them, tighten or loosen turnbuckles. Plus even he had difficulty reading there blueprints [emoji33]

Sent from Hoskvarna Hills

Miller Mod Saws

Chainsaw Masseuse
Local time
8:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks good Carl [emoji106]
My kit said the size of my building didn't need cables in all 4 corners.
My buddy is a forman for a construction crew and he said he has never seen one no matter what size that doesn't use cables. So I put some in. It was a breeze to plumb with them, tighten or loosen turnbuckles. Plus even he had difficulty reading there blueprints [emoji33]

Sent from Hoskvarna Hills
That's what ya call insurance. If there insured you can't follow the instructions then there insured they can blame you for anything going wrong. Lol.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think you may be expecting too much rigidity in the uncompleted building. These things are pretty floppy until you get them all together and then they're all stiff. On steel framed buildings (red iron arches that go from the floor) Usually only one bay is braced with the wind bracing/cross bracing and then everything else gets plumbed from that. I'm pretty sure these are engineered buildings so if they say something will span, etc. It will be fine. Don't spend money where you don't need to. I disassembled one of these once that was 50' x 72' and I shortened it to 50' x 60' and shipped it to Africa. On that one, there was no knee wall, the arches started about a foot from the ground on a pillar.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Even on all steel buildings the 20' long wall girts will bow down and need to be supported until the sheet metal is screwed to them, then all that bracing comes out and all is well.