Sawmikaze raffle thread, drawing September 3rd

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I never have and never will take a single medication, they aren't making me a customer.

Thanks.

I agree with you there.
Before my MVA I was on zero meds... After the MVA I was prescribed anti-inflams and those caused GI problems that they prescribed more crap for.
Now I need to be on blood thinners to keep from stroking out. BP is still elevated enough to warrant BP meds...
I've stayed away from pain meds except in dire straits. Without the pain meds I'm sure I would not have made it through this last event.
I plan to be back to zero meds as soon as possible. I don't plan on being a life long customer!

In my eyes sometimes some short term medications can help get us through some tough times and put us on the road to recovery.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
2:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
I agree with you there.
Before my MVA I was on zero meds... After the MVA I was prescribed anti-inflams and those caused GI problems that they prescribed more crap for.
Now I need to be on blood thinners to keep from stroking out. BP is still elevated enough to warrant BP meds...
I've stayed away from pain meds except in dire straits. Without the pain meds I'm sure I would not have made it through this last event.
I plan to be back to zero meds as soon as possible. I don't plan on being a life long customer!

In my eyes sometimes some short term medications can help get us through some tough times and put us on the road to recovery.
Man I’m glad you’re alright, but for us slow kids MVA stands for Major Vaginitis Attack… Correct?

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Stihl Potlicker

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I never have and never will take a single medication, they aren't making me a customer.

Thanks.
hope you get better soon. i messed up my C2-C5 in my neck in '03. whole right side numb for months. chiropractor helped,
i hear ya about the meds, my dad got hit by a deer on his motorcycle in 07 and it broke his left leg, needed a rod and pins and screws the pain meds they gave him, made him act like he had Alzheimer's, and he now understands how people an get addicted to those, pain meds too. he stopped taking them and just dealt with the pain.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
hope you get better soon. i messed up my C2-C5 in my neck in '03. whole right side numb for months. chiropractor helped,
i hear ya about the meds, my dad got hit by a deer on his motorcycle in 07 and it broke his left leg, needed a rod and pins and screws the pain meds they gave him, made him act like he had Alzheimer's, and he now understands how people an get addicted to those, pain meds too. he stopped taking them and just dealt with the pain.

I could write a book on the lives I've seen destroyed from opioids.

I have a picture on my dresser of me with 6 other people in 2003 and I'm the only one that's alive.

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I have a picture on my dresser of me with 6 other people in 2003 and I'm the only one that's alive.
Can't like that post.
But good, bad, or ugly it's a grim reminder. Glad to see your moving a little and keeping your sanity Ryan. How much Iron City weight have you put on. Dem pants still fitting?? Easy on the Carson Street pizza my man:hambre:

karrl

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

One of those posts I can’t like because I know what you’re saying from experience. I graduated high school in 2006 so we’re probably a similar age. Hopefully some of your friends made it through, I was lucky in that way at least.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can't like that post.
But good, bad, or ugly it's a grim reminder. Glad to see your moving a little and keeping your sanity Ryan. How much Iron City weight have you put on. Dem pants still fitting?? Easy on the Carson Street pizza my man:hambre:

I think I lost my 10lbs I gained today from sweating.

I'm on the wagon.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of those posts I can’t like because I know what you’re saying from experience. I graduated high school in 2006 so we’re probably a similar age. Hopefully some of your friends made it through, I was lucky in that way at least.

Most of the people I grew up with are dead or in jail, there's only a few of us left.

When I turned 40 I started to look at life different.

sledneck22

But, is the chain sharp?
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad to see you're back trying to be active Mike. I remember how good it felt to go "do" something/anything after being in a recliner for 4 weeks after knee surgery. Once I could stand and hold my weight up, I rebuilt my riding lawn mower (old snapper) engine. It helped feeling accomplished doing something feasible/productive. Get well my friend.