David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
12:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah I noticed that in the vid. Normally if it’s not oiling it gets tight in a hurry.

No Balls Work Saws

Don’t want to surprise anyone with mediocrity it’s there in the name

Leerod83

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Saw is on first tank still. Don't want to open it up fully yet.

That thing is flat gettin it for a 60cc saw no doubt. I have a question though. It's popping a little, at least to my ears. Is that a timing deal or something else I'm hearing. She's a ripper for sure.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That thing is flat gettin it for a 60cc saw no doubt. I have a question though. It's popping a little, at least to my ears. Is that a timing deal or something else I'm hearing. She's a ripper for sure.
Short 4 stroke burps. It is strange. I wonder if excessive internal heat or poor scavenging has something to do with it.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You got that right MM! Someone’s got a hell of a stout saw coming their way...
Pretty sure this one is staying in the stable.

Short 4 stroke burps. It is strange. I wonder if excessive internal heat or poor scavenging has something to do with it.

It is odd. At first I wondered if the prior owner advanced the timing, but it’s stock. Then I noticed that the misfire went away if I pressed harder on the bar. It did it tuned at 14400 but not in the last cut tuned to 15k-ish. It’s actually 4 stroking in the wood.

Once broken in, I really have no idea where it will want to tune. It holding 11500-12000 in the cut and the more I lean it out, the higher the cut rpm.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pretty sure this one is staying in the stable.

It is odd. At first I wondered if the prior owner advanced the timing, but it’s stock. Then I noticed that the misfire went away if I pressed harder on the bar. It did it tuned at 14400 but not in the last cut tuned to 15k-ish. It’s actually 4 stroking in the wood.

Once broken in, I really have no idea where it will want to tune. It holding 11500-12000 in the cut and the more I lean it out, the higher the cut rpm.

Strongest 361 ever?

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And I know this is an age old apple's to grapefruit comparison but how do it feel compared to a 440?
A 440 is 13cc bigger. No replacement for displacement.

I’m betting close with a 20”, but with a 28 the 440 will beat it up.

The 361 is a true one saw plan. A 460 oiler is a bolt on, but the 361 oiler isn’t too shabby stock.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 361 is a true one saw plan.
What's this one saw plan you speak of o_O.
It does look strong, popping seems odd for sure.
Is that cottonwood, have you tried it in something harder yet. Not questioning the hardness of the wood it obvious it's not the hardest, just curious if you hear the popping as much.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was weird how it hung around through such a large rpm range at somewhat regular pulses. Usually it has a definite rpm where it stops except for a few burps when cold. Maybe there's somewhere in the engine that easily loads up a drop of fuel that then gets blown through.