Local time
2:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is how I am going to remember Alan:
The Hillbilly treadmill at Doug’s
View attachment 410721
That’s awesome hahaha. I already replied in the other thread as well. So sad to hear this news. Was just thinking of him the other day. He sure built some fine saws and was a good dude. Thoughts and prayers to the family.

Mrs. A

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you everyone for your kind words, but more for your prayers.
I thought some of you might like me to clarify what happened.
Awol did indeed have an injury due to working on a Woodmizer sawmill here at our house. He had several broken and fractured rib, which caused some fluid build up on the left lung. However that was not the cause of death. We found out by autopsy that he had a severe hematoma on his brain about the size of two fists put together, this was bleeding and swelling bigger, which caused him to have several strokes. He had a very slight bruise on the side of his face, which was the only indication of a head wound. We believe be must have fallen sometime on Monday evening while I was away from home.
I was having trouble sleeping, so I thought I would let you all know what happened.
He thought the world of a lot of the guys in the group, and had very fond memories of many.
Oh and if you guys don't mind I would like any pictures you all may have of him.
And if anyone is selling an Awol built saw please let me know.
Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers.
Mrs A ( Rebekah)

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Prayers. He was a fine man. I spoke to him and communicated about building 562 and “equalizing the stratos”.

I am sorry I never had the pleasure of meeting him.

His life was cut way too short.

Seachaser

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Awol did indeed have an injury due to working on a Woodmizer sawmill here at our house. He had several broken and fractured rib, which caused some fluid build up on the left lung. However that was not the cause of death. We found out by autopsy that he had a severe hematoma on his brain about the size of two fists put together, this was bleeding and swelling bigger, which caused him to have several strokes. He had a very slight bruise on the side of his face, which was the only indication of a head wound. We believe be must have fallen sometime on Monday evening while I was away from home.
I was having trouble sleeping, so I thought I would let you all know what happened.
He thought the world of a lot of the guys in the group, and had very fond memories of many.
Oh and if you guys don't mind I would like any pictures you all may have of him.
Mrs A ( Rebekah)
Prayers for you and your family in this tough time.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mrs A ( Rebekah)
Thank you for posting, sister.
My wife and I are praying for you and your family.
I wish I had had the opportunity to meet Alan, he sounds like a fine man!

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Mrs A ( Rebekah)
Thanks for clearing up what happened.
We will keep your family in our prayers.

I hadn't had the opportunity to meet Awol in person, as I'm just starting to get around to some of the GTG's. I did enjoy reading his posts.