Random Thought Of The Day

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is sort of a forced break which I can use. Over-all the weather is pretty decent. For me, 15,000 lakes plus the geat lakes makes it a little easier to handle the bad times.

I would like to retire a little more south though.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
12:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Same type of "deal" on free shipping taking an extra couple days. I could have sent back the cordless hammer drill, but I paid for bare equipment and got 2 batteries & another charger! Along with
Bought two 12v hot cups $4 different in price 2 find the better= both the same, identical.
May even out, but private companies listing on Amazon get stuff way faster than the zon

Ended up telling the customer service rep I would send it back because it won't arrive in time. She then said she would try to "stop the shipment".
The thing I gained from this is -- this item was not in their warehouse, and it appears they were drop shipping it from their supplier (hence they didn't want to cancel).
I found another source on line and it will be here today. I guess I gotta be more diligent (and I agree the Ebay route is sometimes more of a guarantee -- though not foolproof).
Thanks again!

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
St Louis P.D. needs better firearms training!! One officer is booked in "Russian roulette" death of another officer. The arrestee on duty 2 miles from jurisdiction, deceased off duty. Occurred in arrestee's house!!

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When does afternoon become evening? And, at what point between evening and nighttime is nightfall?

In the summer here there is little difference between afternoon and evening. The sun sets close to half eleven, and it never really gets very dark, with a bit of blue in the sky all night. Well, when I say all night, I mean less than 4 hours. Then the sun is back.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
St Louis P.D. needs better firearms training!! One officer is booked in "Russian roulette" death of another officer. The arrestee on duty 2 miles from jurisdiction, deceased off duty. Occurred in arrestee's house!!

A drunken game maybe? (Thinking out loud). My heart goes out to the family.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bet affair,

You in Florida?
I gots -20 @ 10:55am.
Yeah we’re right on lake michigan so we have the benefit of the lake keeping things moderated a bit. I feel bad for the MN/WI guys. Fekkin brutal over there.

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I spent a night in my truck all rugged up with all my clothes (including wool long johns, wool shirt, jacket, ski gloves and cap - inside a Korean war sleeping bag rated to -20F. It dropped to -40F during the blizzard and I didn't think I was going to make it. That cold cut through everything.

Be careful out there...

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I spent a night in my truck all rugged up with all my clothes (including wool long johns, wool shirt, jacket, ski gloves and cap - inside a Korean war sleeping bag rated to -20F. It dropped to -40F during the blizzard and I didn't think I was going to make it. That cold cut through everything.

Be careful out there...

Where were you at for them cold temps?

Billy Currie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

That is unreal! :eek: I guess it shouldn't be surprising these days.

Very sad day for the families for sure.

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Where were you at for them cold temps?

Not in Oz. I was driving a VW van back from Europe and ended up at a truck stop at the top of a pass in Eastern NY state. I stopped because I couldn't see anymore because of the blizzard. I just made out the lights of the truck stop and pulled in there. If I had kept going I would have headed down the mountain and out of the worst of it.

I had a mattress to lie on, but if I moved just a bit the cold would instantly cut through the bag and my jacket. I couldn't breathe the air outside the bag as it was chilling my lungs down.

The oil in the engine was too thick to turn the engine over the next morning (30wt).

Two days later I was in the South West wearing a T-shirt and the windows open.