Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
12:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My wife and I have been taking care of my mother for the past three years. Yesterday we had to call 911 as it appeared she was having a stroke.
She is still with us.
She has since been admitted and they are still running tests but she is not out of any woods and really would appreciate all prayers

I'm on it Corey.

What is you mother's name?

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm on it Corey.

What is you mother's name?
Nancy.
Thank you all!
Just a quick update. She is conscious and alert. Speech is impaired, and movement is not good. All your prayers are meet with huge appreciation and thankfulness that I can not even attempt to put into words. Thank you friends!

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thank you all again for all your support. Mom got discharged today. They can not do any more for her at the hospital. She is going to need a lot of help and it is going to be a long road. We are trying to figure out how to get some in home healthcare. There seems to be a hundred hoops to jump through to even get the ins. To consider to cover any of it. Lots to try and wade through that is for sure. Our current elderly healthcare is pathetic in many ways and I don't see how anyone can make sense of all of it to get the most out of it. It is like they make it so out of reach to make you just give up instead of studying, and spending countless hours to just get the help needed. I truly feel for anyone that would have to face these challenges on their own. Especially in any condition less then perfect.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you all again for all your support. Mom got discharged today. They can not do any more for her at the hospital. She is going to need a lot of help and it is going to be a long road. We are trying to figure out how to get some in home healthcare. There seems to be a hundred hoops to jump through to even get the ins. To consider to cover any of it. Lots to try and wade through that is for sure. Our current elderly healthcare is pathetic in many ways and I don't see how anyone can make sense of all of it to get the most out of it. It is like they make it so out of reach to make you just give up instead of studying, and spending countless hours to just get the help needed. I truly feel for anyone that would have to face these challenges on their own. Especially in any condition less then perfect.

If she is not on disability I'd try and get that started. I know with my Dad it took six months to kick in after starting the paperwork.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The cost of health care is ridiculous, and the paperwork and insurance are insane. My wife recently showed me the bill for her routine testing. How can they charge be more than 10 X what they accept from the insurance co., and no one says "there is something very wrong here"! (And the charge is what you would be on the hook to pay if you don't have insurance, unless you are an illegal alien, then it is free).

The politicians from both parties are playing us for fools, it keeps getting worse, not better, and I'm hoping that soon people just have enough of it and demand some serious changes.

Why is there no longer talk about reducing costs, tort reform, and reducing the insane cost of medical malpractice insurance? Insurance should only be for catastrophic illness, not routine care.

The insurance lobbies in Washington DC are winning folks, and we are all loosing, wake up everyone, demand changes.

Sorry for my rant, best of luck with your Mom. Just chalk it up to retired auditor syndrome!!!