MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What where your original numbers?
:nono: lol sorry this cylinder it was bad and didn't really care about taking numbers down but trust me when I say that they were bad that I mean that they were bad that's the gamble with some of the farmertec ms660 cylinders. :laufband:

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I realize that what they were trying to do I think? I believe they were thinking less friction but pretty hard to get good compression out of a cylinder and piston that look like the surface of the moon.
I highly doubt he went above the exhaust with those dimples.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I highly doubt he went above the exhaust with those dimples.
Looks like he was all over the place with them and to me if it ran it couldn't of ran very well just saying. :beer-toast1:

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought so too. But if those dimples are much bigger than a mm in diameter, there won't be much case compression
On a reed valve tuned pipe two stroke, crankcase compression is less of a factor, and in “pipe theory” more crankcase volume can be an advantage with a good scavaging pipe! The pipe will pull mix in from the crankcase, creating a draw on the crankcase, increased volume can gain power to a limit of coarse! There are many times the factory got crankcase volume incorrect on motocross bikes! A trx 250r run well with a 1/4 cylinder spacer with a long rod and 86 piston, it would kill crankcase compression, but it’s not as much of a factor as a piston port motor, and with a good pipe it can gain power.