562 2 piece head

moparnut88

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got a 562 that was ported by a builder no longer building saws that ended up with some significant scoring on the cylinder from a leaking transfer cover. i have had definitive dave send the cylinder to Millenium replate and they cant with a blind hole apparently anymore. i was thinkn about making a 2 piece head for it like on a race saw. has anyone done something like this on a 562 b4? got any pics of suggestions? thnks!

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
3:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Give it another couple months and try again with Definitive Dave. Things have been slow with them getting set up for doing blind cylinders

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
2:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What Huskihl said /\
I would add some food for thought from what I've seen from some when up against this type of scenario.
It is not out of the realm of possibility's that getting a new cylinder ported by someone else, just might be better than that of the old one.
With the end result of being happier in the long run.
At least I certainly like to think that we as a group are getting better over time at our craft, just as any other technology would/does.
At any rate, best of luck getting your saw up and cutting for you again.

P.S. One more thing, if it is just aluminum transfer your cylinder could be sent to someone for clean up and reused with a new piston and the leak sealed. If it is scored through the plating it is indeed in need of replacement or some serious repair as requested.
Well, let's make it two things shall we, I would also seriously recommend that once you have your saw back together by whatever method, that you give it one more pressure/vac test to ensure there are no other leaks about that will put your new work in peril and ruin your costly work and time.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
1:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A 2 piece head would be pretty challenging on a 562. The intake side bolts don’t go through the fins.