High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Poor husqvarna package of cylinder head....

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
11:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I just got a brandy new 288 head from hlsupply. It's beautiful
But
but you gonna post on here instead of complain to the web site you bought it from.just return we all get things from time to time .*s-word happens.just return.
Yeah, this isnt a dig at HL. It's a genuine Husqvarna cylinder that was packed incorrectly, it's a husky problem and its probably something they should be made aware of.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
8:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a new 288 top end from SLE Equipment and it was the same exact thing. I don't think it's even happening at Husqvarna - I think it's happening at Mahle.

The box I got said in fine print "Produced and packaged in Germany."

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a new 288 top end from SLE Equipment and it was the same exact thing. I don't think it's even happening at Husqvarna - I think it's happening at Mahle.

The box I got said in fine print "Produced and packaged in Germany."

It looks carefully packed and witness marked other wise....what did you do...run it?

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
8:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It looks carefully packed and witness marked other wise....what did you do...run it?

Mine wasn't too bad - I did a little fine hand sanding on the area and then went for it. I tore it back down after the first tank and no real harm was done.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mine wasn't too bad - I did a little fine hand sanding on the area and then went for it. I tore it back down after the first tank and no real harm was done.

I can catch my fingernail on the dents. I dunno. I buy oem for a premium product. .. if I wanted something unpremium then I wouldn't buy oem. I like Mikes point that if this will be for sale then it makes sense to get new. Or id have to discount it significantly ...and in which case what's the point of having oem.

I'll get new.

Tx guys.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Return it Matty. Frustrating to say the least, especially when you want to get the project done and can’t.

It’s hard to imagine a wrist pin doing that in a packaged cylinder kit. Almost looks more like a manufacturing flaw to me.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is it mahle that does the packaging in husqvarna branded boxes or do they send the cylinder to husqvarna and they repackage it? It could be the cylinder manufacturer at fault... wether this is a flaw or damage from shipping. I hate to give aftermarket credit, but they do package there cylinder/piston better than oem does... look at the little foam piece hyway puts in the cylinders to keep piston from rattling around. Meteor wraps the wrist pin and clips in thick plastic so they can’t damage the piston or cylinder.

Last edited:

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The marks appear too wide to be the wrist pin to me. I'm in the manufacture defect boat myself. It looks like the defects were present before the plating operation.

gurwald

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The marks was the same width as the pin, I'm pretty sure its the pin that marked it like a billion tiny hammer blows over time can do the same dmg as one hard blow. Same reason you dont store electric motors for years without turning the spindle, just sitting the ball bearings will mark the races and once they start turning at 3000 rpm the bearings will wear out in few days. Or with redundancy backup pumps the one sitting will wear out if you never run it.

But I cant say for sure... I will test run my cylinder but I expect it to seize any second... :eek:

Whiskers

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree, if it were me spending premium money on a premium product I wouldn’t be happy if it were in that condition.

dmb2613

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If Husky is like Stihl, they will replace it no problem, I got a 361 OEM P&C and one ring was broken, a short phone call to Stihl and I got a ring set the next day NC

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
sure looks like the wrist pin hammered this ... to my eye. its sunday, so I'll talk to Bruce next week and get a replacement. I just hope the replacement doesn't have the same issue, but I think its pretty clear this is a packaging issue from the manufacturer, or whoever decided it was a good idea to leave the wrist pin in the piston during shipment. the wrist pin packaged separately, in the same baggie with the circlips, would fix this problem.

this was an otherwise perfect cylinder, and it wasn't due to an accident that it became imperfect enough to warrant a warranty. ...it was due to an intentional but poor packing design that led to what will be waste... and thats a shame. would be nice if someone was to be able to bring this to husky's attention before more cylinders end up with the same issue

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
2 dents .... one toward ex and one towards intake.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Geez Matt, did ya get any sleep this weekend? Cool off buddy.

While I completely agree it would be better to package the wrist pin separately, unfortunately they don't. They never have, and this thread or any call from Bruce or me or anyone else isn't gonna change it. All cylinders come packaged that way, whether from Mahle in Germany, KS in Brazil, or Husky's own cylinders from Sweden. Same goes for the buying the individual pistons. That's what they do with the wrist pin. Most times they aren't loose enough to move around much, but some definitely are. Quick test is to shake the thing and hear if it moves.

Again, I'm not defending it by any stretch, but all this "we gotta do something about this" stuff is a waste of energy. Nobody is going to go back through their entire global inventory and pull thousands of wrist pins. It is what it is, and in that context there's no solution.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Geez Matt, did ya get any sleep this weekend? Cool off buddy.

While I completely agree it would be better to package the wrist pin separately, unfortunately they don't. They never have, and this thread or any call from Bruce or me or anyone else isn't gonna change it. All cylinders come packaged that way, whether from Mahle in Germany, KS in Brazil, or Husky's own cylinders from Sweden. Same goes for the buying the individual pistons. That's what they do with the wrist pin. Most times they aren't loose enough to move around much, but some definitely are. Quick test is to shake the thing and hear if it moves.

Again, I'm not defending it by any stretch, but all this "we gotta do something about this" stuff is a waste of energy. Nobody is going to go back through their entire global inventory and pull thousands of wrist pins. It is what it is, and in that context there's no solution.

i don't get much sleep, no. like I said, I'll get it replaced, just would be nice to have word get back to husky (mahle, whoever), attached with sufficient evidence, to prove that something like this is so easily prevented. hate seeing something so nice needlessly wrecked. Have a good week Bob, and thanks for chiming in.