High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Poor husqvarna package of cylinder head....

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
11:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Husqvarna, Mahle, KS, whoever it is of them, one of them are packing the top ends so-so, they’ve done it for years.
Buying OEM it is important to buy from a dealer who fix up the mistakes Husky has done if the part is damaged.
In this case the dealer has already confirmed he will fix it.

If you want to contact Husqvarna Matt, google gave me this link for ya: https://www.husqvarna.com/us/support/contact/email/

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Matt, you should send them an email and a link to this thread. They might actually read it.

All they're gonna do is give you a back rub. Say some nice things, make ya think they care, put a smile on your face. "Gee, that girl on the phone was really nice"

But.................and I KNOW this will get some folks worked up........as far as imperfections go, all this port work that includes grinding into the plating might be more significant than a ding from the wrist pin over the long haul.

OK, I'm ducking if you guys want to throw eggs or tomatoes or anything like that. :)

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
just catchin up. is the plating itself damaged in those areas? from the photos it looks to me like its an imperfection that was plated over. theyd have to drop that wrist pin from space to get it to hit that plating hard enough to dent it, and even then it would chip off or somethin, not make a little dent in the plating. either way, sounds like the important part (getting a replacement) is underway.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The dents sure match the wrist pin I’d say.

It’s just hard to believe that the pin and some inertia could do that. Plating is pretty tough stuff.

Repackaging would cost quite some coin I’d imagine, much more than just replacing a few kits here and there.

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I forget which one but, one of my Farmertec kits came with a ring hooked into a cylinder port.

It took the better part of thirty minutes to work it out without breaking it. [emoji2959] Tiny ziplock and all.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IDK how hard he can be, but grinding finger ports gives me more carpal tunnel syndrome than a weekend of self love.

Here is how hard plating is. It happens to be one of Matty’s jugs. @Mattyo, see if they will replace this one too.

oh shoot, i missed this part! i asked if the jug could be fixed and you threw it in the can lol. i never saw what happened to it after that!

see, now you guys are makin me wanna do some type of experiment to see if a wrist pin could actually do that kind of damage. it certainly looks to me like its the exact spot where the wrist pin is... and the dents are circumferential in nature. maybe a bumpy road with the head on the correct side here could have done that. it just doesn't look like this was ...pre plating. and based on the marker that was used to check over the head, I can't imagine that QC would have let this through.

I disagree about the repackaging being a significant issue. seems to me like its more effort to put a wrist pin into a piston than toss a prepackaged wrist pin into the box. ... and I can't imagine the oem would be opposed to putting the pin in a tiny piece of wax paper or cellophane ... or whatever.

please forgive me gents, i came down with the flu yesterday, haven't had it in....possibly forever. had a rippin fever last night. so much for working this week. ugh

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All they're gonna do is give you a back rub. Say some nice things, make ya think they care, put a smile on your face. "Gee, that girl on the phone was really nice"

But.................and I KNOW this will get some folks worked up........as far as imperfections go, all this port work that includes grinding into the plating might be more significant than a ding from the wrist pin over the long haul.

OK, I'm ducking if you guys want to throw eggs or tomatoes or anything like that. :)

Better stay ducked, I have it on good authority them monkeys fling poo. Lol
chimp_throwing_rock_corbis.jpg

...but nothing ventured, nothing gained and having a saw ported is a calculated risk. I've seen plenty of cylinders ruined by bad dealer techs, that doesn't make all the dealers bad either.
I'd bet that if this cylinder was up for sale at a deep discount, folks would be knocking over old women in wheel chairs to try and buy it. I get it though, good money was paid and for that you should get a good product.
There's been cylinder threads here with a considerable more amount of damage that have had the answer of "run it". My old Poulan ran with a clip out and made a serious gouge through the plating. Without a replacement it runs to this day just fine. In general if you have at least 5/8" at the top of the bore to make good compression, it will run just fine, as long as the piston goes by the bad spot okay.
I wonder what Husqvarna will do with it, I know if it was a Huztl cylinder you would get the answer, "technician says good to run." Lol At least Husqvarna(and Bruce) take care of things, that's worth something in itself.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree...if it was me I would run it...maybe after a little light sanding. But if it's gonna go on a saw for sale ...? Wouldnt you feel at least a little bad if you found that on a saw that i sold u....and I hadn't disclosed it and preferentially gave a discount?

Bruce is taking care of me...so everything will be cool in the end. Just hate seeing needless damage.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree...if it was me I would run it...maybe after a little light sanding. But if it's gonna go on a saw for sale ...? Wouldnt you feel at least a little bad if you found that on a saw that i sold u....and I hadn't disclosed it and preferentially gave a discount?

Bruce is taking care of me...so everything will be cool in the end. Just hate seeing needless damage.

Was directed at someone reading this, so if they are fixing their own saw that there might be options, other than replacement. Say they need to get the saw back out in service to get a job done asap, for example.
The post was rather lengthy, so that was left implied. I did say for the money, you should get a good part, period.
Sorry Matty, wasn't about you at all.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IDK how hard he can be, but grinding finger ports gives me more carpal tunnel syndrome than a weekend of self love.

Here is how hard plating is. It happens to be one of Matty’s jugs. @Mattyo, see if they will replace this one too.

:risas3:.good one!!