Nuther Sachs Dolmar 166 resto

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
1:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm BACK.... Matt I'd let you run one of the six footers. Maybe if we go to Jay's, are ya tall enough? Maybe I can slip a 25" on one of em get ya...

Scott

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Got a little more done. Was waiting on a 4mm helicoil kit for the oil
pump cover screws. Got that done with the clutch install. Top cover
fits excellent. New air filter.

View attachment 266656 View attachment 266657
Looking good up there.
Plenty of winter projects in that one room :)

Lots of orange stuff laying around and those odd long chunks of steel hanging on the wall

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dang it lee cover up that poor engine in the back. Beautiful work on the saw. How is the car restoration coming?

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dang it lee cover up that poor engine in the back. Beautiful work on the saw. How is the car restoration coming?

If your referring to the one on the stand it's a 390 GT motor that needs a rebuild. It goes in
a 1967 Mercury Cougar.

My Torino hasn't been touched in a year and a half when i brought it home from the body shop.
Just haven't had the mind set to start on it.

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last i Renner that torino came off the rack. Had some real nice work done to that car. I suppose if that engine needs a rebuild anyways then no real big deal. My core engines I cover them up and oil the he'll out of them before I wrap them up.

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So i tried to start this efin saw tonight and gave up. Had fuel in tank as well as oil. Gave her a prime
down the carb. Got it to run a few seconds but not enough time to pull fuel. Primed again and my arm
said thats enough. Kept pulling the rope through my fingers. Ouch, Try again tomorrow. Big saws suck.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
12:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I got to run Wendell's at Dan's GTG in AR years ago. I've been looking or one since. That saw just pulled like a cammed 454 or 460...

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So i tried to start this efin saw tonight and gave up. Had fuel in tank as well as oil. Gave her a prime
down the carb. Got it to run a few seconds but not enough time to pull fuel. Primed again and my arm
said thats enough. Kept pulling the rope through my fingers. Ouch, Try again tomorrow. Big saws suck.
Great looking saw Lee, the big ones can bite on the first few starts

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Having ran a stocker plus Kevins' Varney at Chardon those things definitely need a D-handle . Nice restoration .

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If your referring to the one on the stand it's a 390 GT motor that needs a rebuild. It goes in
a 1967 Mercury Cougar.

My Torino hasn't been touched in a year and a half when i brought it home from the body shop.
Just haven't had the mind set to start on it.

Your garage hobbies must be a career by themselves!

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You ever get this one rolling Lee?

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did but it has a fuel issue. Haven't had much time to mess with it. I did a pressure vac test
and passed with fly colors. Has a new nos carb that may have an issue. need to try another on it.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I did but it has a fuel issue. Haven't had much time to mess with it. I did a pressure vac test
and passed with fly colors. Has a new nos carb that may have an issue. need to try another on it.
Your stuff here is still waiting patiently to meet you one of these days ;)

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
@Lee H I only smashed the like button on post #23 for I did not want to flood your inbox.
Sweet build!
I have a small arsenal of Stihls, 2 of which need rebuilds. While cutting with those over the years, I've always had an eye on the Dollies. Always told myself I didn't need more saws. While looking up parts for the 2 dormant saws, the Dollie bug bit me hard.
I love the German saws. A 166 is on my to be acquired list. Dang .... my fingers are close to the lint collection in my pocket now. :rolleyes:
Anyways, subbed to this thread to follow along. Looking forward to see her completed.

Nice to meet you all .....