Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lee. Did you have one of these 166s at Dan's last year ? Maybe one from Asia or Brazil? I think I ran one and it was mad kool fun to run.

You may have also run the Echo 1201 which came from Malaysia. They are 116cc's and very strong saw.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
1:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I love running that saw, Super Strong!!! Bored, re-plated and a Stihl piston (880???)

Plus, no matter the brand (although his colorful Macs do stand out) Lee does Museum quality work!

Thanks Mike, Yes the piston is a 084 or 088 piston. Been wanting to do a full restore on a 166
and time had come. Need to get some of these project saws done.

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can't remember where the decals came from. For some reason I think they
came from a guy in Germany. I've had them for a few years.

I already thought so since here in Germany a guy with ebay-name "sunartist60" sells decals that look exactly like yours.

labels_sunartist60.png
This is a screenshot of one of his current offers. When you look at the vent's decal, the "roof overhang" at digit "1" is much to long and the left and right edges of digit "6" are too straight.
Sachs-Dolmar apparently used a custom font for the digits on their decals and this font is unavailable. However its a good feature to tell good from not so good reprints.

Since the font is such a critical property I have redesigned it for my own use, at least the 10 digits and some glyphs namely "Heiprsu".
Here is a screenshot with an original decal on my 166 and my own reproduction in a layout program. It is far from being perfect, but I think its an order of magnitude closer to the original:
henry_166_artwork.png

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I already thought so since here in Germany a guy with ebay-name "sunartist60" sells decals that look exactly like yours.

View attachment 203148
This is a screenshot of one of his current offers. When you look at the vent's decal, the "roof overhang" at digit "1" is much to long and the left and right edges of digit "6" are too straight.
Sachs-Dolmar apparently used a custom font for the digits on their decals and this font is unavailable. However its a good feature to tell good from not so good reprints.

Since the font is such a critical property I have redesigned it for my own use, at least the 10 digits and some glyphs namely "Heiprsu".
Here is a screenshot with an original decal on my 166 and my own reproduction in a layout program. It is far from being perfect, but I think its an order of magnitude closer to the original:
View attachment 203147

I'd like to get a couple sets of those.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd like to get a couple sets of those.

I bought a set of those from that seller - they seem high quality. I haven't applied them yet so I didn't have the chance to see if the starter decal is off.

I bought some other sets too - 120, 143, and 153 - they all look pretty good.

Habada
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
5286527cef9cb6df586d39424439c00c.jpg

Glock37

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think i'm going to do another one of these. As soon as Glock37 is feeling up to powder coating
it will get done. I have enough parts to do one more.

Im getting back surgery soon
So i said too Lee to hold off until i feel up to doing it

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk