Not So Pro 3

Agent Smith

Hack of all trades
Local time
8:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really enjoy when you tell the service writer that the cost of the repair doesn't justify the issue plus the job is destined to go wrong and cost way more time and money than it should..
View attachment 370649View attachment 370650View attachment 370651

This was just the first thing done in the replacement of an oil cooler in a pos Chevy Aveo that they decided needed to be done.

Then when the whole job goes to hell they look at you like you just landed in a *f-wordìn spaceship..
Can't wait to continue this thing tomorrow.
I dig the 0² sensor skid plate.
What a beast

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got the batt-ries charging for the floaty thing.
Finally got home from 2 weeks worth of hell at the tire plant.
Tomorrow is supposed to be a beaut of a day with sunny weather and a high of 85° F.
Bosslady has had a long week herself, and has also been out of town.
Planning to take the boat out and not look at our phones all day tomorrow.

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So the final meeting for the proposed development behind my house was tonight. Meeting took 3 hours. Several people spoke on behalf of the residents, including one guy who was a civil engineer from CMU who absolutely tore their proposal to shreds. He was clearly a pretty smart guy and had spent quite a bit of time going over their drawings and put it all into a PowerPoint. I talked for a quick minute afterward, some of the issues I had were already brought up by people who were a lot more qualified to speak on them than myself. I did tell the board that the engineers failed to physically survey the surrounding area which would have shown that there are existing soil stability issues in the immediate surrounding area as well as inadequate stormwater management.

The board voted and denied the site proposal and the variance requests unanimously. Case closed.

The developer can sue, but previous developers have sued and lost. It would probably be throwing good money after bad.

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So the final meeting for the proposed development behind my house was tonight. Meeting took 3 hours. Several people spoke on behalf of the residents, including one guy who was a civil engineer from CMU who absolutely tore their proposal to shreds. He was clearly a pretty smart guy and had spent quite a bit of time going over their drawings and put it all into a PowerPoint. I talked for a quick minute afterward, some of the issues I had were already brought up by people who were a lot more qualified to speak on them than myself. I did tell the board that the engineers failed to physically survey the surrounding area which would have shown that there are existing soil stability issues in the immediate surrounding area as well as inadequate stormwater management.

The board voted and denied the site proposal and the variance requests unanimously. Case closed.

The developer can sue, but previous developers have sued and lost. It would probably be throwing good money after bad.
Sounds like y'all won Joe.
Thats good news. Was hoping reason would prevail over greed.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sooo, Bosslady was gifted a "chainsaw"-ish thing by her sisters.
Theres a reason why I bought her a Ryobi reciprocating saw for pruning and trimming limbs.
While she may be extremely pretty and a damn fine woman that has helped my dumb arse in more ways than I can list, she is NOT in possession of the reflexes and basic knowledge required to operate a chainsaw.
Id really like for all of her arms and legs to stay attached, so I'm probably gonna use that for a camping saw to cut deadfall.
Much quieter than my Echo CS306 that I gutted the cat muffler on.View attachment 370681View attachment 370682
Probably faster too
@dall have you ran a 592?
I don’t go to the lake