redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
12:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What years had the cast iron block?

I think from 02 on up to pretty much now.
They added the variable cam timing at some point to some of them. That could go away in my opinion.
I'd have to go and look, I only think there were a couple years/models that got an aluminum block until the inception of the 6.2.
Maybe Trailblazer SS at one point.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
1:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Saw this cool DeWalt adapter that makes it possible to charge your phone and I Pad at the other job today. View attachment 370543
Can get 'em for all makes out there. Some have 12VDC center pin positive output as well, just need the right cp+ cable (2.1mm/2.5mm) ends for energizing fans and controllers on smokers, grills, etc. Then you ain't gotta hunt and have a 110V AC outlet to plug in the factory power cord for da controller/fan. Larger Ah batt's will run smoker/grill controllers and fans for days at the time if need be.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think the low tension rings play a part as well.
I still stand by the statement I made that the cast block 6.0 engine is quite possibly the best ever made.
If you keep oil and coolant in them they will run forever.
This one is getting a new cylinder head because the guy has the exhaust bent so bad it ended up cracking the head into the coolant passage at the rear manifold bold and the "pipe dope" on the bolt wouldn't seal it up.
They’re definitely a great engine, did hear they had some common issues early on that they fixed in an update. Have 5 people in my family that have them and no engine issues all have gone into the 300,000 plus range. Ones had 3 transmissions but no engine in fact I still think it’s better than the current 6.6 they have.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
1:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Saw this cool DeWalt adapter that makes it possible to charge your phone and I Pad at the other job today. View attachment 370543
And another little side note about these Li-ion battery charging adapters...don't leave them sitting on top of any battery after you're done using them to charge your phone, whatever...they'll drain a battery down with nothing plugged into it, to its' lowest threshold if left attached. It may take a few days with higher Ah batt's but it's gonna drain it.

Last edited:

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
5:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The little Dodge Dakota I've been messing with has a lifter noise that is getting worse. The 87 model was the first Dakota....and parts for that engine are scarce. So, I've started on a SBC build for it. .030 over 350 roller block. LT4 hot cam, and vortec heads. Should be pretty fun to drive. I was planning on taking a couple of blocks, rods, pistons, etc to the machine shop today, but the machinist called and told me to stay away.
Cross Pollenation. Yuck.