New 545/550xp saws

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
These saws are in the country guys. Like the 572's last month, they are just an hour up the road. :)

And also like the 572's there's a decent chance they'll ship before the forecast dates in the system. Yeah, I'll be checking every day.

Penguin

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster:

I have a question for anyone who has handled one of the 545/550 Mark 2 saws: Does it have the inertia brake on it? It sounds like a crazy question but on the Husky website using the "compare" function has it missing from several of the new saws. But the manual I downloaded has the normal test for the inertia brake spelled out. I'm guessing it is just a case of a website glitch as it would seem to be insane to delete this safety feature.

But I'd like to be sure before my new one shows up.

Thanks,
Will

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Is this you, or just a link to that channel?

Amazing that Husky sends free saws just to display on that channel. Not sure why we should be impressed with a saw cutting through a tree with a rotten punky center like that. :)

What's up with that comment where it is stated that the difference between the 550XP and the 545 is that the 545 won't run all day like the XP will? I'd chalk that up to not knowing the technical differences between the two models. But either way, that is a misleading and inaccurate statement.

LOMartin

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Amazing that Husky sends free saws just to display on that channel. Not sure why we should be impressed with a saw cutting through a tree with a rotten punky center like that. :)

What's up with that comment where it is stated that the difference between the 550XP and the 545 is that the 545 won't run all day like the XP will? I'd chalk that up to not knowing the technical differences between the two models. But either way, that is a misleading and inaccurate statement.

Not me. The guy has a Tree Service Company and post youtube videos.

You gotta take YouTube vidoes for what they're worth. Lots of SMH moments but it gives us a chance to see, hear, the saws one more time.

On Husqvarna sending out free stuff, I can't freaking believe it. They sent out a free 572xp and all the new technical clothing/ helmet to a youtuber with 4,000 subscribers. Which is nothing in the world of youtube, you guys have double that on your channel.

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess I’m just getting cranky and impatient I’m my middle age. That video had about 15 minutes of information in a nearly 50 minute video.
That’s how all of his videos are that I’ve seen. Must be a good salesman to talk Husqvarna into giving him all that stuff

taplinhill

Hiding behind the Chainsaws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

The XP Kool-Aid must be mighty tasty.......................
The video posted early in this thread showing timed cuts in the same log with the same bar and chain between the old and new 550 was more useful. The 550M2 vs. 357 was also interesting....................

shadco

Ban Hammer Custodian
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s how all of his videos are that I’ve seen. Must be a good salesman to talk Husqvarna into giving him all that stuff

Is that the video where he talks about the gyroscopic effect of the saw layout?

He didn’t say what rpm it spins round the centerline of the saw.

Penguin

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I guess my dumb question spooked everyone off. I really wasn't trolling, their website does have it missing. :)

Ah well. It showed up yesterday and everything is A-OK and working well. Husky does need to get their website squared away, but the saw itself is really nice. It handles very well out of the box but isn't a light or a heavy saw... kind of a midweight to me anyway. Now to the woods to twist its tail and see what I've got.

Will