My experience with a Huztl coil

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
12:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Milling builds a ton of heat. This last maple I did, we finished under a dusk to dawn light and it was dark. As I cut I noticed my muff had a cherry red spot about as big as an extra large egg (how's that for a description, lol). Never noticed it in the day. From now on, I'll stick w/ oe. I don't want to be changing a coil every year.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think with coils, as with most electronics, if they are going to go bad they will do so early. If they hold up for a while, they will most likely last a long time. Less quality control with AM, but you can buy several of em for the price of OEM, and often you won'd know the difference.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My father's 394 had a simular issue where it would not hot restart, pulled sparkplug and it was wet as it was not firing the spark/too weak spark. Pulled the old coil out and it was caked with sawdust and melted/cracked. Previous owner did not clean it at all is my guess and it does sit under the hot muffler. Put a good used oem coil on and it was fixed. Took me a while to figure it out, was about ready to give up on it. But it was worth it to see my father happy with his saw.