trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
6:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know it is an awesome saw and it feels good in my hands. I couldnt be happier!! Its slowly becoming my favorite saw over my 064. And I thought that NOTHING would take the place of that saw. It just sounds hungry. But the 661 sounds more hungry. I'm not a professional tree guy, but for my needs I dont think it can be beat. If it beat Shauns 395, that I think is a statement. Slow, I dont think so!! Jason put the right recipe on it. Stock for stock I havent run 'em, but with anything with new technology it takes a little while for them to iron the bugs out. I dare say it would beat it stock too. And I dont know how much of that conversation is just due to the fact that the 066/660 has been around so long and it takes a little while to earn the respect that it deserves.

Cigmaker

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know it is an awesome saw and it feels good in my hands. I couldnt be happier!! Its slowly becoming my favorite saw over my 064. And I thought that NOTHING would take the place of that saw. It just sounds hungry. But the 661 sounds more hungry. I'm not a professional tree guy, but for my needs I dont think it can be beat. If it beat Shauns 395, that I think is a statement. Slow, I dont think so!! Jason put the right recipe on it. Stock for stock I havent run 'em, but with anything with new technology it takes a little while for them to iron the bugs out. I dare say it would beat it stock too. And I dont know how much of that conversation is just due to the fact that the 066/660 has been around so long and it takes a little while to earn the respect that it deserves.

What bar/chain combo you liking?

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
5:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
You have a good collection of saws.
I love the 066/660 saws and I've made a living with them for a while but it's very easy to see a 661 is a better saw,in 30 years it will be revered the same as a 660.

They are great running stock saws and can be maniacs ported.

Magnumitis

Kevin in Arkansas
Local time
5:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
6edb1606cb03ab403caec041a4b93a82.jpg

Hooray 661!

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tony, what elevation will your mate be running this 661?