Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just rang another dealer... same story.

"Na mate, never heard of any issues or updated parts?" was the answer
Sounds about right Brewz standard answer you get. Meanwhile logging trucks are backing up chippers sitting idle customers ringing up where's my load of firewood.
Never mind 660 to the rescue! well for the guys that didn't sell all their old 660's anyway lol.
In my experience reset does nothing to fix them must be that solenoid thing that goes bad people talk of?

Last edited:

Cobby08

I’m a face down ass up guy
Local time
7:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They should be able to look at the range on the MDG 1. I have it written down somewhere at work. If it's below X percent it's pretty much risky of lean seizure. Normal warranty would cover that if numbers were provided. Boot is like $26 last I checked and modules... well hell idk.

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They should be able to look at the range on the MDG 1. I have it written down somewhere at work. If it's below X percent it's pretty much risky of lean seizure. Normal warranty would cover that if numbers were provided. Boot is like $26 last I checked and modules... well hell idk.
Give the poor guy some part numbers @Cobby08
Obviously his dealer(s) ain't as cool as you!

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yup Fabz-it! -with machine ground razor chain.

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I have a new updated coil and boot on the way from someone who knows what they are talking about, and will be porting the saw over the weekend.

I think the oil on the cylinder was a a furfey and I'm not going to dwell on it.

I have sprayed the whole thing with degreaser and given it a jail house bath with the garden hose and it's looking all clean and shiny again.

Will port it and give it a run as is, then change out the coil and boot and see what it does.

I am starting to see a lot of these 661's around and I think knowing all that can be known about them, and the technology running them is a must as the technology is not going away and the old carby saws will be like finding a nice SP125 in years to come.

I know why people love the 660, but I want to know how to make the new kid on the block just as good.

I guess that's what this thread is all about

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
661 you say?
cec87ee5b88e145bc54e2244ea8bb9e5.jpg