Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
12:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Not sure if that tree was a leaner or not. But that cut looked like it could have been done much easier. JMHO

Agree. Short bar or not that was a bit tedious to watch. Idk that the short bar was the issue. Tree was pretty small. I do think he had some back lean to overcome, but he didn't do himself any favors with the tiny face cut. Hard to judge the hinge because of vid quality but fiber pull indicates it was too fat as well.

RyeThomas

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m looking at going this route. I’ve had to sell some stuff and I’m slowing my operation down a bit, returning to the old one saw plan. I made it work for many years with a 60cc saw. Having the weight of a 60 while being able to pull a 28” when needed seems like a pretty good fit.

Might have to move my Husky and get back with a Stihl???

RyeThomas

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I ordered a 462 today.

I will be putting a pristine MMWS 562xp with a 20” lightweight bar and a Stihl bar adapter in the classifieds in the next few days. It’s an awesome saw but I’m an idiot and like what I like.

Going back to a one saw plan with a 20”/24”/28” bar, run what ya brung.

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wouldnt want to hang any longer than a 28” off this saw. It will pull it but it just feels to small. Had a 362 and 462 next to each other. They are almost identical in size.

If the handles were farther apart I may feel different about a longer bar.

Shanesaw80

Tree Assassin
Local time
10:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Interesting videos. I really don’t get the whole short bar thing. I get that it has its place for certain applications but when your timber type is of a certain size you’re now just wasting time and making it more difficult on yourself. I understand that every saw has a limit to what’s a reasonable bar size to use for the powerhead but what that guy is using is just making things harder. I’m guessing he’s paid by the hour and not a production faller.

Stihlms

Chris
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
there available here
I’m looking at going this route. I’ve had to sell some stuff and I’m slowing my operation down a bit, returning to the old one saw plan. I made it work for many years with a 60cc saw. Having the weight of a 60 while being able to pull a 28” when needed seems like a pretty good fit.

Might have to move my Husky and get back with a Stihl???
Just my 2¢ and i will catch some flak here but if I had to have just one saw plan, I would have a ms660 with a 25" es bar.
It can fall off the back of a truck doing 65mph. Lol, it's a good saw.

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
9:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just my 2¢ and i will catch some flak here but if I had to have just one saw plan, I would have a ms660 with a 25" es bar.
It can fall off the back of a truck doing 65mph. Lol, it's a good saw.
I agree. Anything from the 1122 family is something i could deal with if i had to have just one saw.

Stihlms

Chris
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wouldnt want to hang any longer than a 28” off this saw. It will pull it but it just feels to small. Had a 362 and 462 next to each other. They are almost identical in size.

I was thinking the same thing About the ergos but this sums it up