Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
2:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As promised here’s a video from today’s play time. The saw is still tuned on the fat side and is on its second tank of fuel in the video. Once we get a couple more tanks of fuel run through it I will retune it. It was gaining power with every cut we made. I’m happy and I think my buddy is also happy. I’m calling it a win in my book.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As promised here’s a video from today’s play time. The saw is still tuned on the fat side and is on its second tank of fuel in the video. Once we get a couple more tanks of fuel run through it I will retune it. It was gaining power with every cut we made. I’m happy and I think my buddy is also happy. I’m calling it a win in my book.
She's healthy Mike. Scared that mf'er right in two!!

Canadian farm boy

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very nice Mike! Saw sounded great. Hard rock maple?
Tree came down pre split! LOL
Thanks Jeff. I’m not entirely sure what sort of wood it is. Im not great at Telling the difference unless they have leaves. I know it was hard stuff. Likely sugar maple.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great job Mike, looks like Sugar Maple to me. Sugar Maple is generally called Hard Maple, and Rock Maple is Black Maple, not as common but is what they use for bowing alley floors and gym floors).

Sugar Maple has more BTUs.

Question: Do you use different #s for a quad port 461 than you would use for a 460? What intake # did you go with?

Canadian farm boy

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great job Mike, looks like Sugar Maple to me. Sugar Maple is generally called Hard Maple, and Rock Maple is Black Maple, not as common but is what they use for bowing alley floors and gym floors).

Sugar Maple has more BTUs.

Question: Do you use different #s for a quad port 461 than you would use for a 460? What intake # did you go with?
Thanks Mike. I use more BD on a 461 compared to a 460. The intake on this saw is at 81*.

ManiacalMark

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Jeff. I’m not entirely sure what sort of wood it is. Im not great at Telling the difference unless they have leaves. I know it was hard stuff. Likely sugar maple.

Looks like soft maple, red or silver, never had a hard maple split on impact.

EDIT: I take that back, I missed the rot at the fork. Just seems to have smooth bark for its size.