drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
3:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do coils actually “advance” timing, or do they just retard it for low rpm and then go back to wherever they are set statically?

Guess it’s the same difference in some ways?

Do MT coils store the energy of both magnet packs, fire twice, or does the magnet pack that passes at BDC just a sensor for the MT fuel system?

DND 9000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ignition coils and of course the m-tronic control units too advance the ignition timing since many years forward and backwards, depending on the current running conditions.

The 2nd pair of poles on a m-tronic flywheel is for powering the m-tronic system. Control units don`t store energy if the machine is turned off, but during starting they wake up within a few milliseconds.

Example: On the TS 500i control unit, the wakeup and synconizing process during starting is done in 150ms.

Last edited:

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m not Running anything @ 50:1.

Neither am I but I recommended changing oil ratio as 800 motul at 32:1 is a lot of oil. Other oils may be fine @32:1 but 800 motul viscosity is thick. So to rule it out I suggested changing oils or at least going back to 50:1. Motul may well be more oil @60:1 than other oils @50:1 :idea:. Viscosity index of oil can be important.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Neither am I but I recommended changing oil ratio as 800 motul at 32:1 is a lot of oil. Other oils may be fine @32:1 but 800 motul viscosity is thick. So to rule it out I suggested changing oils or at least going back to 50:1. Motul may well be more oil @60:1 than other oils @50:1 :idea:. Viscosity index of oil can be important.

That Makes sense.

I wonder if Julian has composed a chart?

@Redbull661

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This guy has some good thoughts on common 2T oils found in the states. He made a ratio calculator to work out what ratio oils should be mixed at based on max rpm, displacement, load, viscosity, & what group base stock the oils are made of (1-5). Might be an interesting read for some, I don't agree with everything he writes but he has got a lot of good info learnt through building push bikes with air cooled 2T's.
http://www.dragonfly75.com/motorbike/oil.html

Cobby08

I’m a face down ass up guy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The northerners got weird gas. Winter blend, summer blend, *f-wordeduperthanasoupsandwich blend.

I'm with Redbull.....

It's fuel, or oil related.
Suck my trumpet, cow boy...

I’m not Running anything @ 50:1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Haaaatttttterz

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do coils actually “advance” timing, or do they just retard it for low rpm and then go back to wherever they are set statically?

Guess it’s the same difference in some ways?

Do MT coils store the energy of both magnet packs, fire twice, or does the magnet pack that passes at BDC just a sensor for the MT fuel system?
The 180* set of magnets is reverse polarity from the primary set.