9:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just get a new one when it gets too scratched or dirty

This little sucker

IMAG0084_zps2efeb494.jpg

1971 (?)

My Aunt bought it brand new for my Uncle and now it's mine new spark plugs and new air filter and new bar is the only thing I repaired on it when my Uncle owner it but since I've had it I replaced AV mount in the handle because it was cracked and the button that held the throttle on I dropped it and the black button broke off but it runs like a dream and the cylinder looks good :)

Do y’all know one another?

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most dependable saw I own would be my Poulan 2150. Plastic homeowner saw with no anti-vibe but it just keeps going, replacing crusty fuel lines and miserable original chain is all I have ever done to it. My Echo Cs-400 is a close second only because I haven't had it as long.

Most dependable saw I've ever tried would be Dad's Homelite Super 2. He bought it new in 1982 and cut some huge trees with it, we heated primarily with wood until later in the decade. It was his only saw for more than 20 years until a truck ran over it.

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For me its been a pair of countervibe 3400s and a Homelite VI super 2. Till about 00 those were the only saws for all of the cutting. Then dad was given a jonny 630 with a bad 2 piece coil. Fixed that ran it till bout 2012 when the crank lost the big end bearing. Between 00 and 03 dad bought the 350. In the first 5 years it spent its life in the shop getting rebuild 3 or 4 times. Long story short the homie and poulans are still on the original carb kits. Only repairs were fuel lines filters and sprokets. Now that i rebuilt the 350 properly its been good for 3 years running.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
8:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have to say... the 460 Rancher I bought new in 2011 is the most reliable, dependable and best cold starting saw I have ever owned. Even after I let Randy dicker with it, still starts in one(if I'm fast enough with the choke) or two pulls. Only the fuel and air filters and drum sprocket replaced as normal routine maintenance.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would have to say my Husky 445, 455 Rancher...either has never failed to start in two pulls max, hot or cold, for years. Following them, the Husky 55 I bought from Mark (Hosqvarna) a few yrs ago...my go-to saw in most all cases...the 55 with the mods he did just rips! I'm sure if I used other saws I have more frequently they'd get the same accolades...just don't use them like I do these three Huskys!